Vauxhall Zafira 1.9 CDTi (05 - 11) - Exhaust silencer fallen off - replace DPF as well? - Ncfcmegson

Hi, The silencer has come off my Zafira, the pipe has split away at the join to the box, so as it looks I should only need to replace the Silencer unit, good news, nice and cheap(ish).

My concern is the sensor within the central part of the exhaust system that houses the DPF etc and whether any will be effected, causing the centre section to need to be changed as well. Making the job then much more expensive.....!

I'd like to get some suggestions if I can as I'll need to get the exhaust done at a convenience garage rather than my usual place so want to be well prepared for any possible attempts to suggest work that might not need doing!

Vauxhall Zafira 1.9 CDTi (05 - 11) - Exhaust silencer fallen off - replace DPF as well? - elekie&a/c doctor
Can’t see this being a problem.Just replace the section that is broken.Leave the dpf alone.
Vauxhall Zafira 1.9 CDTi (05 - 11) - Exhaust silencer fallen off - replace DPF as well? - craig-pd130
Can’t see this being a problem.Just replace the section that is broken.Leave the dpf alone.

I second this advice - if the broken section is close to the rearmost silencer box, it should not cause problems with the DPF or sensors.

Vauxhall Zafira 1.9 CDTi (05 - 11) - Exhaust silencer fallen off - replace DPF as well? - Ncfcmegson

Excellent thanks both for the replies.