LPG Golf GTI. How Far Can It Go? - Obmitty
Hi, thinking about getting a GOLF GTI 2.0 or 1.8 (125 bhp NO TURBO)

I would intend to get it converted to LPG but have read that LPG cars can burn the valves on some cars unless hardened ones are fitted. Is the GOLF MK IV ok for conversion? I have not seen very many around. Does anyone have any personal experience?

Anyone have any tips or suggestions about LPG or the golf GTI.

I would especially like to know what is considered HIGH miledge on a Quality car like a Golf? 125K? What can i expect to go wrong?

Thanks in anticipation of your help!

LPG Golf GTI. How Far Can It Go? - mark
Hello O

There used to be a regular poster to this forum (one of the Lacey bros I think) who has an oft mententioned \"prize winning\" LPG Golf.

He has not posted for a while and older time backroomers may speculate that his \"other hobbies\" have taken over (to save the sensitivities of those of a delicate disposition I will not mention his proclivity for anal day benders).

It could be someone can dig him up and get him to (again) recoount at length about his prize winning LPG golf.

as ever

Mark
LPG Golf GTI. How Far Can It Go? - Mr Moo
Why not consider a Golf TDi with the PD engine? The earlier 115hp version will show a clean pair of heels to either of the petrol engines you mention and should do almost 50mpg. OK, the fuel is a similar price to petrol rather than 40p or so for LPG, but at least you won\'t be getting around 30mpg! I would suggest that the car will be a lot more driveable with far more torque and should last a lot longer. As for the later 130hp and 150hp versions, they\'re even quicker.

Cheers
LPG Golf GTI. How Far Can It Go? - Obmitty
They seem to be a lot more pricey and there are less of them. Whats the service interval for the diesal?

Cheers,
LPG Golf GTI. How Far Can It Go? - Mr Moo
Service interval on TDi's is 10k (same as petrol) to the best of my knowlegde. You can also take it though the Channel Tunnel which isn't an option with LPG vehicles!

Cheers