Renault clio - DPF cleaning during service - malct

Just booked our 1.5 diesel clio in for a service, the car is on a 4 year service plan with Renault, during the phone call with the service department, I was offered a DPF cleaning service for a extra £20, at the time I said no, but thinking about it later, maybe I should have said yes, even though I can add this to the service. We don't do many miles, maybe 8000 miles a year and do a 40 minute journey once a week, rest of the time is driving 6 miles on a A road from one town to the next.

I am not totally sure what Renault do to clean the DPF but I understand that you can buy additives that can be added to the diesel tank.

I guess I know the answer, which will be pay the garage the £20 for having the DPF cleaned.

The M6 is next to the garage, it maybe better giving the car a good 100 mile blast on the motorway.

Regards warranty, is a DPF covered with a 4 year warranty?

Reason why I am asking, I have had diesels before, but I never thought about or questioned about the DPF.

Renault clio - DPF cleaning during service - elekie&a/c doctor
Complete up-sell by the garage.You can’t clean a dpf for £20. Spend the money on a few extra beers tomorrow.
Renault clio - DPF cleaning during service - FiestaOwner

Can't help thinking that this is a ruse by the dealer to get some money out of you. It's just going to be a fuel additive. If you pay the extra £20, how do you know that they've added it?

There is Wynn's DPF cleaner on Halfords website for £10, which is getting good reviews. You could add it yourself and you'll know it's been done!

www.halfords.com/motoring/engine-oils-fluids/fuel-...l

Just read the post by elekie&a/c doctor after posting. Think his answer is better than mine.

Edited by FiestaOwner on 30/12/2017 at 09:03

Renault clio - DPF cleaning during service - hardway

Well giving that it's the dealer here,

and giving them the benifit of the doubt they may just be using CanClip the Renault diagnostics to run an override DPF clean function.

But as others suggested it might just be an added can in the tank.

The only way to know is ask the dealer.

Renault clio - DPF cleaning during service - thunderbird

and giving them the benifit of the doubt they may just be using CanClip the Renault diagnostics to run an override DPF clean function.

Since Nissans use the same engines as Renault and charge £150 for a forced regen I doubt they would be doing that for £20.

Renault clio - DPF cleaning during service - malct

this is one of the reasons why i said no, the lady said, we have a special offer of £20 to clean the DPF, I asked what was the normal price, she said £20!!!

Renault clio - DPF cleaning during service - madf

For £20, it will be a can of stuff which will have a temporary impact so a total waste of money if your car is working correctly and a total waste of money if it is faulty.

Renault clio - DPF cleaning during service - EddieB

Add a cleaner your self and take the car for a blast down the motorway.That will have the same affect and cheaper.I have the same engine in my Dacia never had ithe DPF cleaned. I understood they cleaned themselves at a certain speed and temprature.

Renault clio - DPF cleaning during service - skidpan

Add a cleaner your self and take the car for a blast down the motorway.

Instead of spending £20 on DPF cleaner spend it down the pub. You will get far more enjoyment and forget all about DPF's for the evening.

Renault clio - DPF cleaning during service - Miniman777

Add a cleaner your self and take the car for a blast down the motorway.That will have the same affect and cheaper.I have the same engine in my Dacia never had ithe DPF cleaned. I understood they cleaned themselves at a certain speed and temprature.

Got the 1.5dci in my leases Juke, no problems after 50k miles, but I do make lots of fast runs. Sounds like another garage con. Start of a growing trend...