Micra k12 1.2 - Micra battery drain problem - simon4320

Hi,

I have a 2005 Micra 1.2 that runs its battery down over a period of a week if the car is not used. I have eliminated the battery as this has been replaced and the new one has been tested.

I have checked the current drain on the battery when the vehicle is parked and it appears to always be at least 200mA, I have read it should only be around 30mA. It seems to be a fault with the immobiliser as when fuse number 7 is removed (for the immobiliser) the current draw drops down to around 7mA.

I understand that there may have been a know fault with the immobiliser draining the battery on some early Micra K12's and that it can be solved by a software update? Does anyone know if this is true or what the possible fix is?

Simon.

Micra k12 1.2 - Micra battery drain problem - elekie&a/c doctor

It is not specifically the immobiliser that is likely to be the problem,but an issue with the body control module,which incorporates the immobilser circuit,along with many other electronic functions.A software update may fix this ,if not ,then a new Bcm would be an uneconomic repair on a car this old.It is not possible to use a s/hand unit. Alternatives would be a battery shut off switch(for around £10,)or a switch wired into the fuse#7 circuit.

Micra k12 1.2 - Micra battery drain problem - focussed

Or the body control module could be reworked by such as BBreman at less cost of a replacement to get rid of the problem?

Micra k12 1.2 - Micra battery drain problem - Dorset123

When are you checking the drain are you locking the car and waiting about 30 mins if you don't do this you will not get a correct reading. Check the fuse on the battery terminals check this carefully as they rust and give you a flat battery like fault.

If the car has an I-Key you must lock the car or the battery will drain as the car will never shut down.

Hope that helps.