Jaguar XF Sportbrake - How many chances to fix a minor fault - 2010Jagman

Had a minor fault with my 2015 XF for just over a year now, its an intermittant fault with the rear view camera either going blank or the guide lines not coming up onscreen. always clears after turning the car off and on again - no fault codes show up and Jaguar didnt believe there was a problem until I was able to film the issue occuring several times

However Jaguar have now been trying to fix the issue for over a year, has been into the main dealers 9 times and had the camera unit replaced twice but the fault keeps coming back.

Jaguar now want to keep the car for a week or more to try to replicate the fault, however they will only give me an XE as a replacement car. ( I need the size of the Sportbrake for work)

Anyone had any experience with courtesy cars in a case like this? should they at least provide the same size vehicle as the one they are working on?

Jaguar XF Sportbrake - How many chances to fix a minor fault - FiestaOwner

As your garage had been unable to fix the fault over the past 9 visits, I think it's unlikely they will manage to fix it this time. Think your options are:

1. Live with the fault

2. Book the car in when you have some annual leave and use the XE courtesy car

3. As the XE isn't big enough for work, see if they will provide a courtesy van instead

4. As this is a recurring fault that the garage can't fix, see if they will offer you a good deal on exchanging the XF

Jaguar XF Sportbrake - How many chances to fix a minor fault - Avant

When you say 'Jaguar' presumbly you mean a Jaguar dealer, not Jaguar Land Rover themselves.

Why not try another dealer? As with any service industry, dealers are only as good as the people they employ to provide the service.

Jaguar XF Sportbrake - How many chances to fix a minor fault - argybargy

When you say 'Jaguar' presumbly you mean a Jaguar dealer, not Jaguar Land Rover themselves.

Why not try another dealer? As with any service industry, dealers are only as good as the people they employ to provide the service.

x 2 to that. During my recent Powershift tribulations, I found a significant difference between the extent to which two different dealers were prepared to address my car's clutch problems.

The first one clearly considered that their own inadequate policy was preferable to that already agreed by the manufacturer, the second one went "all the way and more", to be honest.

Edit:that'll teach me to read the entire thread before posting.

Edited by argybargy on 08/02/2018 at 09:20

Jaguar XF Sportbrake - How many chances to fix a minor fault - Paulsxf

Funny that, mine does the same thing only very rarely (once every couple of months). Seems to do it after a long run and turining off/on puts it back top normal. Its not bothered me too much as its very rare it happens but I did mention it on the recent service and they did a software update for me.

I believe its a software fault not hardware related but would be interested to see if they can track it down on yours.

Edited by Paulsxf on 17/09/2017 at 19:38

Jaguar XF Sportbrake - How many chances to fix a minor fault - oldroverboy.

Although your Jaguar dealer with Jaguar are so far trying to fix your car (for the moment), Give them one last chance, This One.

A friend with an XF cannot get a buzzing sound removed from his audio system, (it might be a faulty/wrong earth) and was eventually brushed off saying he would have to live with it. (JLR are notorious for this)

If your car is on a lease, get the leasing people involved immediately, and put it in writing, recorded delivery to the dealer that you will reject the car after one last chance. The dealer is liable, not Jaguar so aim for them. The dealer supplied the goods.

Jaguar XF Sportbrake - How many chances to fix a minor fault - movilogo

Can one really reject a car for such fault? I understand it is irritating and should not happen but not that car's engine or transmission has packed up, in which case you can reject it very easily.

Occassionally happened with my Kia, not bothers me much - except the pain in neck which is not much used once I got a rear view camera :-)

Jaguar XF Sportbrake - How many chances to fix a minor fault - 2010Jagman

Just thought I would add a final update, after going in several more times the dealer finally found the problem. 2 more software updates did nothing but they finally found the issue to be chafed wiring on one of the rear parking sensors (probably from initial build). - new sensor fitted and have had nearly 2 months without the fault coming back,

Just a shame that it took so many attempts to fix, poor service from Stratstone, nice shiny showroom but it seems very few techs that can diagnose a problem without an error code.

Jaguar XF Sportbrake - How many chances to fix a minor fault - Snakey

Ahh when you mention Stratstone it all makes sense.

Their mechanics seem to be incompetent - replacing the clutch on my jag they didn't attach the suspension knuckle mount properly - which meant my front wheel came off, fortunately at low speed.

Jaguar XF Sportbrake - How many chances to fix a minor fault - RobJP

Deleted post

Edited by RobJP on 08/02/2018 at 17:37