Hyundai ix20 - Voice recognition commands, making calls - Ffiscool
I bought a new ix20 after having had 2 previously.

This model has a sat nav/touchscreen

But it's not able to make calls on its voice recognition system, by calling someone by name. It can dial people by number and also by scrolling through the phone book on the touchscreen. It can even dial the last number by a button on the steering wheel

The two older models both used voice commands and gave the option of dialling by name or numbers

this car is being sold as Bluetooth voice recognition and hands free. But unless you know everyone's number to call out then you cannot make handsfree calls when driving

I would love to be proved wrong and there is a way.

Not sure what to do, if not though
Hyundai ix20 - Voice recognition commands, making calls - Energyman
My Nissan Pulsar has different functionality depending if phone is an iPhone or Windows based.
iPhone is more basic so I use Siri on the iPhone whilst it is connected to the car, I can wake up Sori by voice command then make a call, even send a text by voice command.
Could you try something similar depending on phone type.
Previous focus was brilliant, could even adjust the aircon by voice, but it was actually quicker to reach out and turn the knob!

I did wonder about using Siri.. I have an iPhone. so when you say connected, do you mean through the usb/aux or just the fact the phone is in the car and paired etc?

still means they are not advertising correctly when you really cannot make all calls handsfree unless you know everyone's number. so silly when the previous same car models did it.

Just paired as normal. Even asks which number to use if there are more than one under same contact, also phone can be set so that callers id is announced for incoming call, all much safer.
Seems some manufacturers are working with Apple others with android systems, but agree needs to be clearer info from manufacturers

hyundai.nextgen-technology.net/Details?SelectedTes...#

that is the link and under the outgoing calls it says handsfree calling..

Have just looked on Hyundai.com site and it lists both android auto and apple car play so you should have full functionality. www.hyundai.com/eu/en/Innovation/Connectivity/inde...l
Back to the dealer I reckon, car software update perhaps.
Ah, Thank you. I will sort Siri.

The ix20 sadly is not yet on Apple Play

If it's anything software too, I will go to my local dealer. The car came from one miles away as was the best deal.
Hyundai ix20 - Voice recognition commands, making calls - Cris_on_the_gas

Why not save making phone calls & texting to when your parked up

Much safer

totally right, this is in case I want/need to, which can happen at times, but to me it is safer for it to be how it should, and not have to even think about looking at a touch screen.

I just feel for the money and the way it is being advertised, that calling by name should be an option or do not say handsfree calling and make it only voice recognisable by number.

if that makes sense

I had a web chat with Hyundai just now and they said the unit cannot dial by name. I pointed out that given most only know names and not numbers, how ridiculous and frustrating it was. I have also - just to make myself feel better - written a long complaint to Hyundai that seemingly they have not updated this unit or listened to anyone with this problem, in years.

Obviously it will go nowhere but really does not even make sense to me. The unit that would allow for this, cannot even cost more, or if so, it would be minimal.

How does anyone think it is ok to have to resort to using the phonebook on the touch screen when driving.

I have yet to try the command for speed dials, but not holding out much hope.

I will resort to Siri dialling from my iPhone, but so stupid to need to..

Omg, stupid person at Hyundai CS.

I have been emailing back and forth with CS, being told more than once, that whilst they understand my frustration, the unit is not designed to call by name. This is despite the handbook showing that I should be able to use that command

I said it was false marketing to imply it can and that it was dangerous to use a touch screen to look for names, plus illegal. they suggested I pull over if I need to make a call - um yes but sometimes you can't hence having hands free dialling!

I said I was taking it further and there must be a workaround. I got a reply to say no, there isn't.

I replied I am going to speak to people as this is not acceptable

Yesterday, the same person replied to say, the unit will respond to the command 'phonebook'. Once that screen is up, if the name is there, you can say 'call so and so'

If the name is not on that screen, you can say scroll down until it is!

So yes there is voice recognition to call by name!!!

AGH - what a waste of time and effort, and clearly they had not checked it out their end. Shame the handbook does not say all this too.