MK1 Ford Foucus - MK1 Ford Focus Engine Warning Light - Charlie Croker

Hello, any advice welcome!

Occasionaly I am getting the engine waringin light coming on, failry high mileage MK1 1.6 Ford Focus. On start all lights go out, occasioanly the light will come on and does not go off until the car is parked and restarted. It seems to run fine, and there is no difference engine running wise before its on or - when it comes on. I have read that the light can come on for lots of reasons, the Haynes manual I have bought for this car is singularly useless on this and I have searched the site for any clues... I'm thinking of getting a fault scanner from ebay for about £20

But are there any obvious things I should be looking into?

Cheers

MK1 Ford Foucus - MK1 Ford Focus Engine Warning Light - elekie&a/c doctor

The engine warning light possibly covers over 500 different fault related codes.So unless you have a very accurate crystal ball,I would suggest you buy one of those cheap as chips scanner that may give you more info.

MK1 Ford Foucus - MK1 Ford Focus Engine Warning Light - Charlie Croker

Generally I need no excuse to buy a nerw tool - working on old bikes for many years. Cars I have never really bothered with, a bit different but fundaments are the same so far, quite enjoying it. I wish lying flat under a car did not make me dizzy - very odd!

Anyway thanks again Doc, now I have a bona fide excuse for my next tool purchase :-)