Peugeot 307 2002 5Door - Car wont start after stereo install attempt - Waqas Ahmad

Well.. i messed up. LOL. basically i got this stereo set up yesterday, everything working fine except that when the car is turned off it forgets all the settings i set.. which meant the radio wasnt getting constant power when the car is off. to locate that i took the wires and started plugging them into other random wires, the wire i was connecting was the yellow wire from the stereo, ground is connected, well i look on my dashboard and the light for the airbag is on, i get worried and put the wires back where they are meant to be. and start the car, the car starts. headlights turn on themselves, wipers are also running. i try turn them off but nothing happens its automatically doing those, i turn the car off and these turn off, i try to start the car again and it wont start. the battery is fine and has the power to turn the car on, the starter turns, the car cranks but just wont start. i need a solution to this problem ASAP please, any help would be appreciated.

Peugeot 307 2002 5Door - Car wont start after stereo install attempt - RobJP

Sounds like you've blown a fuse or relay, or possibly even burnt out something.

You need a good auto electrician.

I think you're going to find out that it would have been chepaer to get the new stereo properly and professionally installed.

Peugeot 307 2002 5Door - Car wont start after stereo install attempt - RichardW

If you're lucky you've just confused the BSI and a re-set will fix it. If you've unlucky you've fried something and it will need an expensive replacement. Try a re-set first:

Open the bonnet, leave the doors shut, allow it to stand for 5 minutes

Take the battery connection off for a few minutes

Reconnect the battery, wait at least 1 minute

Enter the car, do nothing for another minute

Now turn on the head lights

Wait another minute before turning the ignition on, then another minute or so before attempting to start it.

It it works, lucky you. If it doesn't then it's probably scrap, as the cost of fixing it will far out weigh the value of the car.

Fitting an aftermarket radio to a PSA car is a bit fraught as they are wired via the BSI - you need to connect only the speaker wires and the permanent live, and then run in a switched live from somewhere like the cigaretter lighter.

Edited by RichardW on 20/07/2017 at 12:46

Peugeot 307 2002 5Door - Car wont start after stereo install attempt - Waqas Ahmad

yh thats what im going to give a try, but i read somewhere else that you just disconnect the battery for 30 minutes to do the reset... i didnt read that you have to do that with the doors and lights.. but ill add those on just incase.

and well yh, now im thinking about it i should have jjust run a live straight to the fuse box or even the battery. well whats done is done, i just need to get a couple more months on the car..

Peugeot 307 2002 5Door - Car wont start after stereo install attempt - Gibbo_Wirral

Have a look on peugeotforums.com, quite a few people do this.

There's also some diagrams on the correct wiring for the permanent and ignition-live power feeds.

Ah cheers mate, i got the car to start. I Checked all the fuses, one was blown i replaced that and followed up with a bsi reset. Instructions to do bsi reset are on the following link for anyone else who encounters this problem or similar.

www.petercoopercarrepairs.co.uk/peugeot_bsi_reboot...m

Thanks guys for all your suggestions, and ill surely look up on peugeotforums.com for the diagram because i still need to sort that out and do it properly this time.

Peugeot 307 2002 5Door - Car wont start after stereo install attempt - Gibbo_Wirral

This is really useful, the boxes A,B and C at the bottom of the last page:

www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/res/manuals/412...f