VW Amarok 2012 - Warer pump failed Limp mode - Thomas Swainson

Hi there.

I was driving my Amarok yesterday with when it went into limo mode and a few warning lights flashed up. This being the engine, coil and DPF lights. The "change air filter" warning also came up on the display.

None of these problems have come up since I've had the vehicle and all came up at the same time.

I took it into my local VW dealer as it's under extended warranty. They said the water pump has gone and is covered but my DPF needs degenerating and my air filter is soiled so needs replacing. These 2 are not covered under warranty.

Surely all the faults are related to each other and they should be paying for all repairs? I'm worried that my EGR cooler will be the next thing to go and they will do anything to get out of it.

Who do you recommend to carry out an independent inspection?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks, Tom

VW Amarok 2012 - Warer pump failed Limp mode - madf

Mileage

Service history when last serviced date miles

Type of use? Town, country

We are not telepaths:-)

VW Amarok 2012 - Warer pump failed Limp mode - RobJP

Mileage

Service history when last serviced date miles

Type of use? Town, country

We are not telepaths:-)

As said. Far too little information.

VW Amarok 2012 - Warer pump failed Limp mode - Railroad.

Has is occurred to you to have your car serviced once in a while? And do you use it mainly for town driving? If so a diesel car is not for you.

VW Amarok 2012 - Warer pump failed Limp mode - skidpan

DPF's are not covered under warranty because inappropriate usage will wreck them. If it does really need a forced regen that is proof its not being used in a way compatible with a modern diesel with a DPF. What type of trips does the vehicle do?

Air filters are not covered since they are a service item and get dirty as you use the car.