Corsa D - Lack of power/chugging/ - luke5

Hi guys, already before, but new info has been found and want a 2nd opinion please. Corsa D, 2008, 1.4L 50k miles, serviced almost every year. The problems have developed over the past week (in order)

1. The car will jutter (like it’s injecting fuel and then not) at low throttle but any constant speed, perhaps like its about to lose power, but then doesn’t…

2. When idle/neutral it will start to chug and slightly shake (not always), and then sometimes lose power and cut.

3. One time I was in 2nd and it just cut out, until I put in neutral and gave some revs

4. It can sometimes struggle doing 20 in 3rd, or 30 in 4th, etc… it needs higher revs to get going.

There is no EML coming on, I've tried new spark plugs and coil, and the one diagnostics hasn't picked anything up in the garage (pedal test doesn't work)... Responses I've collated are: (Any comfirmations?)

- Blocked up exhaust

- Burnt out valves

- Clean up the throttle butterfly

- EGR valve (hesitation at light throttle)

- Connections to ECU (damp, or oil residue from changed filter)

- Loose bolts around bell housing (causing electrical fault)

- Camshaft sensor (jerking at constant speed, loss of power when idle/neutral)

- Any other electrical fault?

Had car only 2 weeks (and the dodgy dealer whose now blocked me recommend I clean the EGR/get a new valve when I explained the problem). Cheers all.

Edited by luke5 on 24/06/2017 at 10:30

Corsa D - Lack of power/chugging/ - Peter.N.

If its a Corsa 'D' it doesnt have spark plugs. If it is a diesel try changing the fuel filter.

Corsa D - Lack of power/chugging/ - SLO76

If its a Corsa 'D' it doesnt have spark plugs. If it is a diesel try changing the fuel filter.

The D refers to the generation of Corsa not D as in Diesel. It does as with any petrol engine have spark plugs.

Corsa D - Lack of power/chugging/ - Ohsamers

Hello I've got the exact same problem. Did you find out what it was

Corsa D - Lack of power/chugging/ - Ohsamers

I found that I messed around with the air intake pipe it helped abit but then went back to the same problem.

Corsa D - Lack of power/chugging/ - edlithgow

I found that I messed around with the air intake pipe it helped abit but then went back to the same problem.

Well, ""messed around with the air intake pipe"" isn't a very definitive diagnostic description, but, with that little to go on, I might think of taking the air filter off and seeing if that makes any difference.

If things improve, get a new air filter. fi

I doubt it is that though.

Air filters are generally changed far too often and have to be massively clogged before they affect engine running.

Corsa D - Lack of power/chugging/ - VengaPete

My daughter had a Corsa C that did this.
Noticeably the cutting out and needing flooring to make progres preceeded a EML light that indicated crank sensor (not CAM sensor)Change of sensor and problem was sorted and EML cleared within a few miles.