Is phosphate weed killer poisoning? - fv43576

Today at work, my boss said I have to spray killed the weeds and grass on some part of the golf course with safety goggle cover my whole face and with gloves. The b***** spray can air pressure explosion mist liquid went under my chin into my face and my mouth start to taste bitter, I rush to the work first aid room rinse my mouth and wash my face. Now I am really worry whether phosphate chemical is poisoning for human? My boss said it is nothing to worry about it won’t hurt you do I am expect to believe him, My GP is full booked today. Anyone advice how serious is the 15ml of Phosphate mixed with 2 litre of water?

Is phosphate weed killer poisoning? - RobJP

You'll be fine.

Well, at least as fine as I am, and I don't think I suffered long-lasting physiological or mental damage after drinking the stuff when I was 8.

I run half marathons regularly, play badminton and tennis competitively, and am as fit as a fiddle.

And it might just be an idea to go and read the COSHH worksheet for the product. Also, if you aren't PA 6 qualified, then you really should be. In fact, it's a requirement IN LAW. Along with having the PROPER PPE to do the job.

Thank god for that! I have been worry and sick but very happy your reply is very helpful. What happen today one of my mate was on sick who is qualification of spray chemical. My boss was panic because few VIP man coming from Saudi who is play golf is coming visit this Monday. My boss want to make the place look nice. The guy was not able to spray then he force me to do it that I am not qualification I fear if I refuse to do it, I mind get me the sack. Boss is ignorant man already sacked other man for wear a short on hot day! anyway thank you.

Is phosphate weed killer poisoning? - galileo

Thank god for that! I have been worry and sick but very happy your reply is very helpful. What happen today one of my mate was on sick who is qualification of spray chemical. My boss was panic because few VIP man coming from Saudi who is play golf is coming visit this Monday. My boss want to make the place look nice. The guy was not able to spray then he force me to do it that I am not qualification I fear if I refuse to do it, I mind get me the sack. Boss is ignorant man already sacked other man for wear a short on hot day! anyway thank you.

Sounds as if your boss disregards Health and Safety rules and other legislation on employment /workers' rights. I would find another job asap.

Yes thank you, I am currently look for another better job, been with this company for 5 months is s***.

Edited by fv43576 on 23/06/2017 at 15:35

Is phosphate weed killer poisoning? - RobJP

Do others a favour. When you leave, drop a message to the local HSE office.

Is phosphate weed killer poisoning? - Ryanfuego

It takes some time u will feel weird, but don't worry everything's gonna be okay

Thank you.

Is phosphate weed killer poisoning? - Bromptonaut

When you mention phosphate do you mean glyphosate?

If so some information here:

npic.orst.edu/factsheets/glyphogen.html

or

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glyphosate#Human