Porsche Boxster Sport 2008 - Bafflement - paulc924

Hello you helpful folks. Help needed. Went out to the car today and both windows were down slightly and the spoiler was raised. Got in, fired up and put the windows up and the spoiler down. Got home, turned the ignition off and the spoiler went up while the roof motor sounds as if it trying to operate now and then. Went round the back and the brake lights were on! Turned the ignition on and lowered the spoiler and the brake lights stayed on. Turned the ignition off and the spoiler went up with the brake lghts still on and the roof motor trying to operate. Decided to go for a short drive and reversed off the drive. The dash then read "check reversing lights" Went for a short drive. Got back and went through the same ignition off/spoiler up and brake lights on. Disconnected the battery and reconnected it the same problems. Tried the roof motor and it wouldn't operate. Any ideas you learned ones? Best Regards.

Porsche Boxster Sport 2008 - Bafflement - elekie&a/c doctor

I think you will find there is a body systems electronic module that is located under the passenger seat.Take a look under here for any dampness or water ingress.

Thank you I will do that. I have put her away in the garage until we come back from our caravan on Sunday and I will look. Let's hope that it is an easy fix. I will let you know. Best Regards.

Sorry for the late reply. On investigation it was found that the passenger footwell had some water in it (don't know why yet). This has probably jiggered the Control Unit under the passenger seat which could explain all that was happening. Removed as much water as possible and put the car away to dry. It is booked in at the local independant but he can't look at it for a week or two. He is very busy because he is so good. Will have another look on Sunday when it should be bone dry. Let's see what happens.