Land Rover Range Rover Evoque - Evoque map update problem - Philip Harris

Applied the map update [Europe 2017] for my 2012 Evoque using the USB stick purchased via the Land Rover web site but actually from Here Maps. The update completed without error.

Following the update completing and switching the car off, when the Satnav restarted it was no longer possible to enter destinations as the buttons for entering destinations are greyed out. I checked that the country selected was GBR and the mode was On-road and not Off-road. The map is displayed but no road names.

The local distributor will work on the problem at normal rates [£98 first hour amd £174/hr thereafter] with no guarantee that LR will cover the costs.

Looking for a more cost effective solution I called Land Rover and request they open a case and pass to their technicians for review (today 9 May). So I'm expecting to be contacted in the next 48 hours.

Has anyone any advice to offer on this?

Land Rover Range Rover Evoque - Evoque map update problem - HopLane

Not a lot of practical help, but it looks as though you're not the first person this has happened to: -

www.honestjohn.co.uk/askhj/answer/73982/are-land-r...m-

Same vintage Evoque, also, so maybe it's something about that year's SatNav vs this year's maps?

HJ's verdict was that LR are liable to fix it. Maybe use a printout of that in yur 'negotiations'?

Best of luck with it.

(Sorry if what I pasted doesn't come out as a link - can't work out how to do that, but if you copy and paste into your browser, it should open. Alternatively, search the Ask HJ section using keywords Land Rover map.)

Land Rover Range Rover Evoque - Evoque map update problem - Redcar01

Hope there better than Audi customer services i've been fighting for them to fix my wifes sat nav for a year now and its under warranty as well, they try but cant fix it . I have now bought a BMW and when my wifes cars up for renewal it wont be another Audi

Land Rover Range Rover Evoque - Evoque map update problem - mjenko

I've just had the exact same problem. Same model Evoque and software update (and fail). I know this thread is over a year old, but just seeing if the original poster received a resolution. I've logged a fault with Here - but no response after 1 week, and Land Rover are trying to wash their hands of the problem.

Land Rover Range Rover Evoque - Evoque map update problem - TazGinny

I know this is late. However I have just experienced exactly the same problem with my Disco 4 sat nav upgrade. After paying well over 2000 pounds to get the problem fixed. I have managed to get Landrover to cover the costs. The threat I used was the Consumer Protection Act 2015, covering digital media. If you or anybody else is still having these issues with Landrover, I will happily provide more details.

Land Rover Range Rover Evoque - Evoque map update problem - Peter Bertorelli

Hi TAZGinny,

I have had exactly the same issue. Landrover provided me with a new usb as my sat nav, whilst working, was playing up and sending me on a big detour to get to my house. They suggested the map update but never got round to actually doing it (as they were desperate to get their hire car back), so they posted me the usb. I carried out the update to their instructions and now it doesn't work at all. They have since had it back in and are telling me I need to pay almost £3,000 to swap the unit out as it no longer works. My car was under warranty when I raised the issue with them but they are refusing to budge. Can you tell me more about how you tackled the same issue using the Consumer Price Act 2015. Many thanks