BMW mini one - How to remove shell cover - Geoffm
Hi
It's in reference to an earlier thread regarding screen washers, I solved the issue with the blocked washer bottle and now have front screen washers however the rear screen not even a dribble.
What I need to know is how to remove the hard plastic cover shell to get access to the wiper motor, I have removed the two central Torx screws and expected to pop off the cover but all I have managed to achieve is breaking off one of the plastic fixings I don't want to continue for obvious reasons.
Is there a knack to unclipping this cover without snapping off the fixings.
Thanks
Geoff
BMW mini one - How to remove shell cover - elekie&a/c doctor

I have an earlier mini 2004,the rear washer jet assembly clips over the base of the wiper arm.Give it a good pull and it should come off for cleaning .

Ok thanks I'll give it a go, I would like to get access to the feed pipe to see if water is getting up to the wiper/ nozzle jet which as far as I can see requires the cover off the inside of the door.
BMW mini one - How to remove shell cover - elekie&a/c doctor

I would not bother at this stage.The rear gate cover is very tight fit and you will probably end up breaking the pop clips.If you do get the panel off,then you are faced with trying to get the washer hose off the motor unit.Again very tight and could end up with more damage.99% of rear wash problems on these is a blocked rear jet.Take a look here ,part #4. www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=MF33-USA-06-...1

Thanks for quick replies, nothing is ever easy is it, I'll try cleaning out the jet nozzle before deciding on my next course of action should it be needed.