FIAT Panda 1.2 Dynamic - Odd knocking noise with road speed - bigshorty40

Hi All

Wondering if someone can help identify a knocking noise that has occurred from my 2004 Panda 1.2 Dynamic Dualogic on 48000 miles.

The noise sounds like a knocking / thudding sound from the front end, offside I think. It happens when I first start driving the car from cold, and the knocks speed up and slow down in relation to road speed. I can also feel each thud / knock through the throttle pedal. After about a miles worth of driving the noise goes away, and the car seems fine. The car only went for an MOT a couple of days ago, and I was convinced this might show up what the problem was, thinking it could have been a driveshaft, CV joint, suspension, brakes, or something like that, however it passed the MOT with no advisories. I can't see anything out of place, so am at a real loss as to why this noise should be happening.

I have done a bit of research, but can't find anything that relates to this issue. If anyone has got any views, thoughts or comments on this and what could be causing this noise, I'd be very grateful to hear them.

Many thanks in advance.

FIAT Panda 1.2 Dynamic - Odd knocking noise with road speed - bathtub tom

I'd start by checking the wheel nuts/bolts and then looking for a tyre problem such as bulges.

FIAT Panda 1.2 Dynamic - Odd knocking noise with road speed - Railroad.

I had a similar problem once. After checking all wheel bolts, suspension bushes, ball joints etc the cause turned out to be a loose wheel weight on the inside rim. I was amazed how much noise such a thing could make.