Parking GRRR - "H bar" white line markings on dropped kerb - oldroverboy.

Propmt and courteous reply from our Local council regarding parking problems.

Thank you for your request. We can have the white “H” bar access protection marking reinstated for you but there is a charge of £120.00 for this service. This is due to the line being advisory only and our budgets provided by Essex County Council do not cover for the remarking of advisory lines but only those restrictions with valid legal traffic regulation orders. This is a service we provide that falls outside of our usual responsibilities and therefore a charge has to be applied to cover costs. Before making a decision please take into account that any vehicle blocking your dropped kerb can be dealt with by one of our civil enforcement officers by the issuing of a penalty charge notice without the need for a white line marking. This is a parking contravention and no road markings are required in order for this to be enforced. If a vehicle does block your dropped kerb, you can report this to us and we will endeavour to have an enforcement officer attend. Please correspond with myself directly should you wish go ahead or discuss the matter further and I will explain the next step.

Thank you,

Edited by oldroverboy. on 22/02/2017 at 10:26

Parking GRRR - "H bar" white line markings on dropped kerb - Brit_in_Germany

All sounds very reasonable.

Parking GRRR - "H bar" white line markings on dropped kerb - SteVee

Think yourself lucky ORB.
I'm in hants. My road has no parking restrictions - nearby roads have single yellows. So my road is full of parked cars & vans - some of which are here for months. The council have said they will not put single yellows on our road: 'because it will just move the problem on'. They have said that they will provide SOME double yellows on one side only - but every house will have to agree, and then pay around £400 each. Neighbouring roads did not have to pay anything. The double yellows will not solve the parking problem in the road.
I have some sympathy with the 'not moving the problem on' argument, and with people needing to park; but why should i have to pay when my neighbours don't ?
I especially want the vans parked for months to get moved on.

Think yourself lucky ORB.

I do!

And i am pleased wih the response too!

Parking GRRR - "H bar" white line markings on dropped kerb - TedCrilly

It would be nice if residents had an automatic right to park outside their property without any sort of restriction.

Alas that is not the case.

Parking GRRR - "H bar" white line markings on dropped kerb - RT

It would be nice if residents had an automatic right to park outside their property without any sort of restriction.

Alas that is not the case.

Giving them an unfair advantage over those of us who had to buy our parking space(s) when we bought our homes.

It is even better when I can access my driveway to get in and out.