Paugeot 406 2.0 HDI Exec (2000) - Climate control fault - Ewan Hopkins

I'm trying to get to the bottom of issue with climate control in this car: basically it all seems to function other than that it is always hot air that comes out. Doesn't matter what temp it is set at or if a/c is enabled or not.

I don't know if it's the flaps that aren't operating to switch off the hot air supply or if there is a sensor in the cabin that is malfunctioning.

Any of this sound familiar? Would be useful to know where the cabin temp sensor is as I couldn't see anything. Is it posibly in the pod which includes the interior lights, as this is missing it's cover and there is a square hole towards the front of it which may or may not have had the sensor. The light switches and sunroof switches all work ok.

Any help would be gratefully received - it's not so bad at this time of year but once it warms up I can imagine it will be hellish!

Paugeot 406 2.0 HDI Exec (2000) - Climate control fault - Railroad.

My guess would be the temperature control flap motors faulty or stuck, and if so I wouldn't be entirely surprised on a 17 year old car. Someone with the Peugeot Planet diagnostic equipment may be able to help you, and test the functionality of the system.

Paugeot 406 2.0 HDI Exec (2000) - Climate control fault - Ewan Hopkins
Many thanks for the reply. How difficult is it to get access to the motor / flap mechanism?
Paugeot 406 2.0 HDI Exec (2000) - Climate control fault - Railroad.

Not sure specifically, but stick your head under the dash and see what you can see. Also remove the glovebox. That may help you to gain better access.

A friend of mine has the same problem with his 2004 VW Golf. I scanned it with VCDS and determined that the R/H temperature motor isn't working. When the days get a bit lighter we're going to have a better look at it, but we're expecting that the motor is probably toast.

Paugeot 406 2.0 HDI Exec (2000) - Climate control fault - elekie&a/c doctor

Sounds like a fault with the temp blend motor.Access is from the drivers side .It is a small plastic case motor with a plug in connector.If I recall , it is held to the heater box with 2 x 7mm headed screws.