Ford Focus - Ford Focus 1.0 ecoboost coolant fault - AyrshireDee

I had to call the AA yesterday when smoke / steam started billowing from my engine. Turns out the coolant pipe had burst, which I'm told, could have had a bigger impact on my engine.

On checking FordETIS website, turns out there's a recall on my vehicle, and has been since April 2015. I didn't buy the car until August 2016. Should the garage that sold it to me not have checked there were no outstanding recall notices?

If the engine does need replaced (if further damage has been caused), should the garage I bought it from be liable for the cost??

Ford Focus - Ford Focus 1.0 ecoboost coolant fault - SLO76
Did you buy it from a Ford main dealer?

Very common problem with this engine in the Focus I'm afraid. www.honestjohn.co.uk/user-article/111213/ford-focu...0

Ford Focus - Ford Focus 1.0 ecoboost coolant fault - AyrshireDee

Yeh I have found out it's a common problem. Yes it was from a Ford dealer

Ford Focus - Ford Focus 1.0 ecoboost coolant fault - SLO76
Then yes I'd say they're negligent in not checking the well documented recall hadn't been done but I wouldn't worry as your approved used Ford warranty will cover it. Bit of an inconvenience though so I'd be demanding a courtesy car while they repair it.
Ford Focus - Ford Focus 1.0 ecoboost coolant fault - craig-pd130

As mentioned above, if you bought from a Ford dealer in August, you will be fine and it should be done under warranty.

If they try to weasel out of it, just tell the dealer that you know there is a Ford recall to replace faulty coolant pipes on cars fitted with this engine (quote the recall number at them too), and that the problem occurred within 6 months of you buying the car. As such the law presumes that the fault was present, or developing, when you bought the car.

Therefore you expect the work to be done at no cost to you, and you also expect a courtesy car while the work is being done.

Ford Focus - Ford Focus 1.0 ecoboost coolant fault - Kirsty Skinner
I have a 12plate ecoboost which on its last service they replaced the coolant bottle, because it was cracked and returned to the dealership in January as coolant was low and was told they would have to replace a washer as it was worn through iv had no recall letter as some have and there bill for the work is going to be over £1000 but my problem is iv to take them at they're word ( it's a washer) when all I'm reading is about this pipe also no recall on ford site unsure on what to do to be honest iv had it to another garage and they had the car on a pressure test an it didn't loose a drop in 3h can someone help please.
Ford Focus - Ford Focus 1.0 ecoboost coolant fault - Avant

Same post as on another thread. Once is enough.