ford fiesta leak - wayne
I have a J reg ford fiesta 1.1 pop plus. It is a great car which I have run for many years. It seems to have developed a leak on the drivers side door, which I cannot stop.

I have had the rubber door seal checked and there is nothing wrong with it. Has anyone any ideas where the water may be getting in? I really don't want to have to get rid of the car.
ford fiesta leak - Dynamic Dave
Remove the door trim and check the plastic membrane behind it is intact.
ford fiesta leak - wayne
The seal has been fully checked - I'm not really sure what you mean by a membrane though, what does it look like?

Thanks for your help
ford fiesta leak - Dynamic Dave
I\'m not really sure what you mean by a membrane though, what does it look like?

It\'s a plastic sheet. It acts as a splash guard.

Whereabouts is the water coming in. Door seals; window; a.n. other?
ford fiesta leak - Claude
I've found that the most likely reason for leaks into footwells is the following. Take off the vertical trim on side of the footwell beside your right leg when you are in the drivers seat. There is a body join at the top which is painted over with a sealing material and then sprayed same colour as the car. Frequently you can see water coming through this area, specially if you play a hose over the windscreen and in the airvent grills. Water that collects into the 'box'structure that runs across the scuttle (can be seen when you open the bonnet, contains the window wiper motor) should drain out to ground. However the edge of this box structure (either side of the vehicle) is just above the internal body seam mentioned above
and, as it is not a continous weld,it can leak.
Solution: Inject/pour some form of sealant into that area working from inside the engine compartment. If there is a rubber blanking plug in the scuttle you can remove that to give access to the inner box structure, if not I have drilled a hole.(Depends on which model). I have used the following materials as sealants at different times: The heavy black compound that is used to stick down roofing felt; Waxol; ordinary underseal.In each case I managed to cure a persistant leak.