Ford Fiesta Zetec 1.4 TDCI CLIMATE TDCI - Ford Fiesta Zetec 1.4 - 05 Not Starting - hugh martin

Help needed trying to start an 05 plate Ford Fiesta Zetec 1.4.

The car started fine until the keys were left in it over night. So we tried to jump start it the next morning. No joy. When I turned it over, nothing happened at all - completely dead, so didn't continue trying to crank it.

I tried then tried to re-charge the battery but it wouldn't hold a charge so replaced with a new one.

With the new battery, the dash lights are come on, the red immobiliser padlock flashes one every 2 seconds. Everything electric seems to work apart from starting.

I have:

1/ Changed the battery

2/ Checked the fuses in passenger foot well

3/ Changed the battery in the key fob (only have one key)

4/ Done a immobiliser / key reset (turn 4 times, press button and leave ect)

5/ Disconnected the battery and wired the + and - leads in the car together and left for an hour (a suggestion on the internet for re-setting the PATS)

6/ Swapped out the 60Amp relay (next to the battery)

Anybody got any other ideas?

Ford Fiesta Zetec 1.4 TDCI CLIMATE TDCI - Ford Fiesta Zetec 1.4 - 05 Not Starting - elekie&a/c doctor

If the padlock light (immobiliser)is flasing contiuously,then I would suspect the key has lost its syncronisation with the pats/engine ecu.Nothing you can do yourself.You will need the services of an auto tech/locksmith and/or Ford dealer.

Ford Fiesta Zetec 1.4 TDCI CLIMATE TDCI - Ford Fiesta Zetec 1.4 - 05 Not Starting - hugh martin

Many thanks for the reply.

Forgot to mention that the central locking works OK from the fob. Would this make a diffrence?

IE the locking synced to fob OK but engine immobiliser has maybe lost sync?

Ford Fiesta Zetec 1.4 TDCI CLIMATE TDCI - Ford Fiesta Zetec 1.4 - 05 Not Starting - elekie&a/c doctor

Central locking system has no relation to the immobiliser system.Two independant systems.

Many thanks!