MK3 Mondeo tddi - Really strong vibration - ferraridave55555
Hi all, I have a problem with my 2002 Mondeo tddi, I had a wobble on the front under braking, so put this down to a warped disc and was going to renew both on th front, but before I could do it the dmf went, so it's just had a new dmf and clutch etc.
The lower rear gearbox mount is also shot, evident by the sound of it clonking when taking up drive or when going on or off the throttle when in motion, the garage has ordered one and are going to change it on Monday.
But now the vibration is a hundred times worse, it starts at around 35mph and just gets worse the faster I go, by 65mph it literally feels like the front of the car is bouncing up and down, it's not very strong through the steering wheel like a balancing problem with a wheel but the whole car is shaking eventually.
It's not evident when stationary, the engine is smooth as silk, clutch and gear changes feel absolutely how they should.
I've noticed also that at around 30-40mph this shaking gets instantly even worse when I turn the steering wheel to the right round an even slight bend.
I'm thinking that it could be something to do with a driveshaft, but could it be the gearbox mount causing this ?
The brake pedal was pulsing under braking previously which made me think it was a warped disc, but it doesn't appear to be now.
Any advice or help would be much appreciated, regards, Dave.
MK3 Mondeo tddi - Really strong vibration - Peter.N.

The most likely problem is wheels balance but if its not shaking the steering wheel it could be a rear wheel. It could well be ply seperation on a tyre which is causing it to go out of round especially at speed.

MK3 Mondeo tddi - Really strong vibration - John F

I doubt if this will be of much help but these symptoms remind me of the time many years ago when I carelessly omitted to tighten the wheel nuts fully on one wheel after doing something.

MK3 Mondeo tddi - Really strong vibration - MrEckerslikefromRamsbottom

Is the wobble and shake mainly on one side? I'd be thinking of a broken strut top mount meself. My Fiesta suffered from a broken driver's side top mount failure. It started off as a wobble under (very) heavy braking, then, on a rough road, there was bang and and something fell out of the front suspension and bounced off the road hitting the underside of the car. The engine then shook violently until I slowed down to a crawl. I was able to drive home slowly. On dismantling, the top mount was found to have a chunk missing.

MK3 Mondeo tddi - Really strong vibration - chris.o

Inboard drive-shaft joint failing.

pull the inner boots back and have a check of the joint. Think they are 3 lobe tripod style.

Chris