Renault Grand Scenic - water flooding into footwell - jomcauley

Hi everyone,

Hoping someone could help/advise on this issue.

I have an 18 month old Renault Grand Scenic, still under guarantee.

Following heavy rainfall, there was strange whistling noise from the air vents.

Water then began pouring into both driver and passenger footwells.

Renault tell me that it is due to debris falling through the grills (there to stop this from happening!) and clogging the drainage. The overflow apparently leading directly into the interior of the car! Surely this is a manufacturing fault??

They say it now needs to be dismantled to be cleaned -NOT covered by guarantee - even though I had a service done 6 months ago. So not only do I have to pay for a manufacturing issue, but also for any potential water damage done to the vehicle - so that it can happen again in another 18 months presumably!

Any ideas?!

Renault Grand Scenic - water flooding into footwell - RobJP

Is it the garage or renault GB that are telling you this is not covered under warranty ? They are completely different.

If it's the garage, then tell them you want the fact that this is not covered under warranty to be put in writing. Mention that this is so you can take the matter up with Renault GB, and they might just have a complete change of heart ... If, on the other hand, they supply you with that in writing, then you have something to beat Renault GB over the head with, and persuade them to change their minds.

Quite simply though, if that is happening on an 18 month old car, then there is a design flaw or manufacturing defect. I'd not stand for any part of a bill to be paid by myself.

If it did have to 'get legal', then you'd basically have to get the work done, pay for it, and then sue the dealership that sold you the car for the money, on the basis that they had sold you a car not fit for purpose.