Honda CR-V 2014 - Honda CR-V service book and history - michaelkumar

I just bought a Honda CR-V 2014. There is a owners manual but there is no service book, the dealer i bought from advised that its on line now. err thats a new one on me. If anyone has a CR-V can you advise if they got a service book, otherwise how do you check the service history?

Any advise on this is appreciated.

Edited by michaelkumar on 19/06/2016 at 18:34

Honda CR-V 2014 - Honda CR-V service book and history - Cyd

How about calling Honda's Uk customer care?

Honda CR-V 2014 - Honda CR-V service book and history - Bolt

You may find it here: http://owners.honda.com/service-maintenance/records

Is this site for Honda UK customers, it looks like it may be for USA Honda customers. But I will register anyway.

Thanks

Edited by michaelkumar on 19/06/2016 at 22:01

Honda CR-V 2014 - Honda CR-V service book and history - Bolt

If you contact Honda, or ask a main dealer they usualy send you a new book with the history.

I was told the service history is on the Honda database assuming it was done by Honda, all you need is the VIN no

Honda CR-V 2014 - Honda CR-V service book and history - Mike H

As I said on your previous CR-V thread, I have an Austrian purchased and registered CR-V. We were supplied with a service history book. But I also keep all the receipts, which backs up what is in the book.

There's nothing new about the service history being online, it was like that for the Saab I bought in 2007! Just ask for a printout.

Wouldn't it have been better to resolve this before you bought the car, if it concerns you?

"Wouldn't it have been better to resolve this before you bought the car"

Yes extremely good advice. I wish I could follow this, but I stupidly got excited about buying a new car and handed my money over all too quickly!!.

And now I'm going back over things I should have checked before. I'm only human !!. Wish I was an infallible computer.

Honda CR-V 2014 - Honda CR-V service book and history - NARU

Mazda have been doing electronic records for at least five years.

I keep the invoices (as I do for the other cars too).

I started servicing the Mazda myself, and keep the invoices for oils, filters, etc.

Honda CR-V 2014 - Honda CR-V service book and history - catsdad
I'd suggest the OP also needs to check if it's on Honda's varaible servicing regime. If so the on board computer will refer him to the dealer every time it triggers one of the parameters. I had it switched off on the Civic as its not just oil change driven so can/will result in multiple service visits a year.
Honda CR-V 2014 - Honda CR-V service book and history - grumpyscot

I have a 15 reg CRV - and I have a service book, which has been updated (variable servicing dueto my low mileage) each service. But it's really only a tick in the box - no actual details of any extra work done (which was - to correct rattling door handles and loose rain / light sensor housing). I had to make a separate note and staple it into the book.

Yes, thanks. I contacted the original selling dealer who had a record of the 1 year service they did, and they were willing to sell me a replacement service book with the service stamp. So, I'll wait to get that from the dealer.