Mazda CX-3 1.5d SE Nav - DPF - grahamthedrive

Bought a new CX-3 1.5d SE Nav at the end of April 2016.
Great car & spec etc........but the flashing DPF light keeps coming on.
It happened the first time with less than 500 miles on the clock & continues to be a BIG problem.
It happens on a long run on motorway journeys.
Mazda Oxford had it in for an afternoon to fix the problem.....then it happened again & again.....then Mazda Oxford had it again for 6 days to sort the problem out again.
On a long run from Oxfordshire to Derbyshire it happened again today (June 12th) .....for the seventh time !!

Thinking of rejecting the car as "not fit for purpose'

VERY UNHAPPY, has anyone else had this problem with the 1.5d CX-3?
The car has still only done 1600 miles

<*** class="_6vg img" style="border-radius: 1px; bottom: 0px; position: static; vertical-align: baseline;" src="https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-1/c4.4.48.48/p56x56/419465_101059526690660_614332388_n.jpg?oh=60bc64bad88631d85409744810ba71ed&oe=57C95070" alt="" width="16" height="16" />
Mazda CX-3 1.5d SE Nav - DPF - craig-pd130

So the car is only about 6 weeks old and the dealer's had it for a week of that time, and still not sorted the problem?

I would suggest writing to the dealer principal, stating that you are giving them one last chance to resolve the problem permanently, otherwise you will reject the car and demand either a replacement or full refund, as it is NOT fit for purpose and you have no confidence in it. Check the advice on rejecting cars in the FAQ on this site, as it will tell you how best to approach this.

The recurring DPF light CANNOT be blamed on your driving patterns - you're doing 250+ miles a week on average which is more than enough for the DPF to regenerate efficiently. So don't swallow ANY suggestions from the dealer or Mazda UK that imply this.

Mazda CX-3 1.5d SE Nav - DPF - davecooper

Very interested in where this story goes. The CX3 is a likely replacement for my current Mazda 3 petrol. Was looking to test drive the Diesel in the next few months. However, as much as I like Mazda's, their diesels stiil make me a little nervous.

Mazda CX-3 1.5d SE Nav - DPF - tmiguel
Hi there,

I'm from Portugal and i have a new Mazda 3 HB with the same 1.5 skyactiv D engine.

The car have now 1 month old and the DPF light appears first time at my first 850 kms at the highway. It goest to the Mazda dealer and after one day, the car seems ok.

At the 1900kms the light came again and the car stills now again in Mazda dealer, but they dont find any problem, there are no errors registered at the ECU.

Did your problem have been solved yet?

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards.