Ford S-MAX 2007 reg - clutch problems - cherry1980
Hi I have a 2007 ford s-max. I've only had it about a month. It's done 100k. It came with AA parts and labour breakdown cover. Has been regularly serviced and was last serviced in April this year. Also had a check by AA prior to purchase and no issues were identified. Had no advisories on mot.

Recently been away on holiday in UK and whilst there on a couple of occasions the clutch pedal kept sticking to the ground. I managed to get it back up by turning off the engine and putting my toe under it. Drove back last night and stopped off at the drive thru. Whilst in there the clutch pedal went down to the ground again. Tried doing what I had done before but wouldn't come back up and when it did wouldn't go into gear. Husband ended up pushing me to a spot out of the way. Was a really bad burning smell too. With2 kids under 4 and it being 9pm we just got a taxi home with all our belongings but I'm going back today to call the AA and see what the issue is.

Just really worried as heard lots of horror stories about the dmf. I'm confused though as has already had clutch and dmf replaced.

Any advice please? thanks
Ford S-MAX 2007 reg - clutch problems - hardway

A burning smell is usually a solid sign the clutch is shot.

Ford S-MAX 2007 reg - clutch problems - RobJP

You say it's already had the clutch and DMF replaced. How long ago ?