*Comfortable* MPV to replace Golf MkIV SE? - JPCoetzee

I have a decrepit 2001 Golf MkIV SE. But the seats are *very* comfortable, like little armchairs.

I am going to replace it with a mid-sized MPV. Not a "big" one because it's only me, the wife, the mother-in-law and the dog (MPV for ease of access for MIL, and luggage).

I want a Touran but find the front seats very unforgiving - too firm and very constricting.

What similar-sized MPVs have *comfortable* seats?

many thanks

Edited by JPCoetzee on 25/05/2016 at 09:27

*Comfortable* MPV to replace Golf MkIV SE? - Happy Blue!

Comfort for one is agony for another. ....

Look at

Kia Venga / Hyundai ix20

Golf SV

Fiat 500 L

Ford CMax

*Comfortable* MPV to replace Golf MkIV SE? - oldroverboy.

Comfort for one is agony for another. ....

Look at

Kia Venga / Hyundai ix20

Can personally recommend the Venga. moved from a rio as having trouble getting in and out, seats good, armrests if you want to use them, good rear access and room for adults, flat load area if one or both seats folded.

cheap as chips with the 7 year warranty, I bought a demo at £5000 off with balance of warranty 3 years servicing and negotiated a full size spare.

*Comfortable* MPV to replace Golf MkIV SE? - daveyK_UK

i would consider a nissan note if you havent got a big budget

*Comfortable* MPV to replace Golf MkIV SE? - TheBroker
I have supplied a number of MPVs over time and always had good feedback on the C4 Picasso. They are also cheap to lease.
The new 2 series active tourer is becoming very popular
The touran is reported back to us as being soulless. The golf sv is a strong option but the seats are too firm (it's a VAG thing).
Good luck
*Comfortable* MPV to replace Golf MkIV SE? - Avant

Good to hear that the 2-series Active Tourer is becoming popular. It was on my shortlist, and although I heard it wasn't selling well, there was very little discount available. Presumably BMW sensed that it was on the verge of doing better once people had got used to the ideas of a BMW with FWD.

I found the seats in the 2-series supportive but just as firm as those in the Golf SV. The Volvo XC60 probably has seats as comfortable as anything you'll find, but if you're coming from a Golf it may be on the large side.

The Nissan Qashqai was very comfortable but I found it dull to drive - and it's almost as big as an XC60, although not as tall so doesn't look as big. I haven't tried a Juke or a Note, but they could suit you if the seats are like the Qashqai's.

*Comfortable* MPV to replace Golf MkIV SE? - steelghost

For what it's worth, I rather liked the seats in the Toyota Verso I test drove last year.