Focus RS Mk2 1 - 10 Months waiting for a seat -Told to write it off - Manwell9000

Hi Honest John.

I need your help! :)

TLDR: It's a 5 year old car with a broken seat having to be wrtten off.

Someone crashed into my car in May last year broke a few things nothing to bad. But the force of the impact broke the car seat to the point where it needs to be replaced. The accident wasnt deemed to be my fault and the other parties insurence agreed to payout.

The seat has been on order ever since and my car has been off the road in Lookers Car park. I have had a rental.

Ford have kept saying its coming in next month, next month or even next week at times. Always keeping me thinking the part is due.

Today they phoned me and said "sorry we wont be supplying the seat as we have parted company with Recaro, you will have to write the car off" and "there wont be any compensation" when asked. I have lost MOT, tax & Service.

I have looked into getting a seat second hand and buying one directly through Recaro UK. Both don't seem like good options as im wrried about resale.

• The new seat from Recaro UK wont match the current seat.
  • Simularlly second hand seats are mostly worn and i would need to by 2 from most of the listings i have seen on ebay. None at the moment.

What are my rights with Ford taking so long? Then to not even give me the parts. Am I due any compensation? They have messed me around and I have barely had an apology. The car had new pads, discs and tyres.

I have phoned MoreThan (my insurer) twice since this began both times they said they were going to get an engineer to call me back and didnt.

Who do i cantact to sort this mess out?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Regards,

Stuart

Focus RS Mk2 1 - 10 Months waiting for a seat -Told to write it off - Palcouk

You realy waited 10 months before following up and demanding a resolution from your insurance company?

Ford have no liability

Focus RS Mk2 1 - 10 Months waiting for a seat -Told to write it off - RobJP

You have no contract with Ford. Or with the Garage. Your contract is with your insurance company.

Focus RS Mk2 1 - 10 Months waiting for a seat -Told to write it off - galileo

Recaro are still in business, why can you (or your insurer) not get seats directly from them?

Focus RS Mk2 1 - 10 Months waiting for a seat -Told to write it off - RT

They're probably not standard Recaro seats - just seats designed by Ford with a Recaro emblem on - just like when Vauxhall used to fit Recaros on SRIs.

Focus RS Mk2 1 - 10 Months waiting for a seat -Told to write it off - Manwell9000

On recaro still in business.

They are but they use a third party to make their old parts. This company has gone into liquidation. Apparently.

5 year old recaros rs seats cant be made anymore said ford. :/

I have been in contact with ford constantly. I have tried to phone my insurance company serveral times to get help they said it was for me to chase ford.