Ford Focus Titanium 2.0 petrol 2008 - Focus 2.0 duratec running issues - Dogma1978
Hi to all and thank you for your time. I bought a 2008 Ford Focus titanium manual in Feb 2015 and have had nothing but trouble with it. The starts fine but has a slight hesitation. When revved in neutral there's a slight popping/misfire which can be heard from the cat area. The car often hesitates when accelorating and when idling ( in gear and in neutral you can feel a slight pulsing/ vibration from the car. It's been to two different ford garages and countless other garages. All have ran diagnostics but nothing was ever found. The dmf was found to be going so a new one along with a new clutch and slave were fitted but no improvement. A good friend who's a mechanic found the inlet flaps were worn so a new manifold was fitted with a new map but to no avail. To date I have done the following with little or no improvement - cleaned throttle body, serviced twice including new plugs and pencil coils. New crank position sensor ( new one given to me to try), new lambda sensor, compression test ( fine), new driver side and lower engine mounts replaced, vacume leak checks ( fine). Yet still does the above. During a check on the timing the chain has slight slack and one cam is out by around 1 degree. The engine appeared clean to with no gunk or residue. Any advice would be beyond appreciated
Kind regards
Dogma

Edited by Dogma1978 on 16/05/2016 at 16:14

Ford Focus Titanium 2.0 petrol 2008 - Focus 2.0 duratec running issues - RobJP

If it runs moderately well, with just minor hesitation, then stop throwing money at a very minor problem, accept it is not a new car but is 8 years old, and just get on with driving it.

Because at present you just appear to be playing 'parts bingo'.

Ford Focus Titanium 2.0 petrol 2008 - Focus 2.0 duratec running issues - Railroad.
Go back to basics. Connect a vacuum gauge to the inlet manifold and do some simple checks. Google how to use one and what to look for.