Volkswagen Polo 1.4 petrol 2015 - VW Polo gear problem - AmberKW
Hi all,
So I'm not very knowledgeable on cars at all but I have been having a reoccurring problem with my car which is a VW polo 1.4 petrol 2015. What happens is I will be driving on the dual carriageway in either 5th or 6th gear and going about 70mph, I'll be coming up to a roundabout so begin to slow down when I get to around 30mph or less I change to 3rd gear. Once I am off of the roundabout as soon as I put my foot on the accelerator to pick up speed my car starts making a horrendous noise (as if it's in neutral), and the dash board gear indicator says that I am in either 1st or 2nd gear when my gear stick is still in 3rd. It sounds and feels as though the car has somehow gone into neutral. There will also sometimes be a burning smell. But to sort it out I have to physically put the gear Stick into whatever number the dash board gear indicator is saying and then I can get back into 3rd and 4th etc. This doesn't happen every time I use the car but has happened around 10 times now and can be quite scary. I also took it back to VW for them to have a look but they didn't know what had happened either. If anyone can give me any advice on what is happening that would be fab.
Volkswagen Polo 1.4 petrol 2015 - VW Polo gear problem - galileo

Is this an ordinary manual gearbox or one of the notorious DSG systems?

If its a 2015 car its still under warranty (whatever that is worth on a VAG car) so take it back to the suppliying dealer and get them to fix it properly.

If It is a DSG gearbox, see numerous comments on this forum and consider trading it in for something less likely to go wrong.

Volkswagen Polo 1.4 petrol 2015 - VW Polo gear problem - elekie&a/c doctor

I don't think the car is being driven correctly.Wrong gear at the wrong time.If there is an arrow with a flashing gear number,this indicates what gear you should be using,not the gear you are in.Just a thought.

Volkswagen Polo 1.4 petrol 2015 - VW Polo gear problem - T.M.M. Amamub

Hi, I'm having the same exact issue. Have you managed to ever diagnose it?