C200 coupe - Diesiel on pcp in London!? - Dringo
Hi!
About to buy a C200 coupe... Reading loads of reviews the diesel (c250) is supposedly the best drive (and was on my test drive) but concerned with this issue re diesel ban in Paris and London at some point!
I'll be getting a pcp deal for 4 years so won't be tied in forever but concern over what could happen by then?!

Thoughts/news/facts?!?!!

TD
C200 coupe - Diesiel on pcp in London!? - RobJP

Far more relevant is what sort of driving you do.

If it's mostly urban, stop/start, low speeds, short runs then a diesel is the worst possible choice.

Modern diesels aren't hugely efficient until fully warmed up, which can take 7 or 8 miles. In addition, modern diesels used for urban / short run driving will suffer DPF problems far sooner, and those are usually excluded from even manufacturer's warranties.

The general rule these days is that if you're doing less than 15k miles a year, go petrol, or even hybrid / electric

Thanks all for responses... Like I said the only issue was that ALL the reviews say go for the diesel.... Better transmission and supposedly quieter!! Ha.. I was moments away from putting the money down on the petrol but took a step back after hearing some reviews.

But will go petrol further to the helpful responses! Might go for the 300 rather than 200 though :)
Thanks! T
C200 coupe - Diesiel on pcp in London!? - brum

Your mayor has vowed to more than double the ULEZ by 2019 and introduce extra charge of £12.50 on top of congestion charge for cars that "fail to meet the standard".

"I want to make our capital a byword for cycling"

Ha!

C200 coupe - Diesiel on pcp in London!? - 72 dudes

The C200 coupe is a fabulous looking car! In your position, this makes far more sense than the 220/250 diesels.

Edited by 72 dudes on 14/05/2016 at 20:08

C200 coupe - Diesiel on pcp in London!? - Cyd

You live in London and want to buy a diesel?

Good luck with that!

C200 coupe - Diesiel on pcp in London!? - Bolt

I`m surprise anyone in London would consider a diesel, I bought one in feb and wish i had gone for petrol, mainly due to the Mayor being changed and his awareness of the dirty air

Boris had the buses changed (or a lot of them) to hybrid,which the new mayor considers not clean enough, He called them not fit for purpose, so will be getting a different type, though not sure yet what he will get, except diesels will be clobbered in the near future and possibly banned

I suspect the zone will be extended as his ideas seem on par with the green party,though IMO what they want and what they get is a long way apart

C200 coupe - Diesiel on pcp in London!? - BobsyourUncle

I really can't see the point in PCP. Throwing money away.

Off a quick search, you could get a 65 plate C220 with 2k miles for £20k with a loan, paying back £400 a month, which may still be worth £8k-£12k in 5 years.

Dealers must be laughing at the stupidity of some people.

C200 coupe - Diesiel on pcp in London!? - RobJP

I really can't see the point in PCP. Throwing money away.

Off a quick search, you could get a 65 plate C220 with 2k miles for £20k with a loan, paying back £400 a month, which may still be worth £8k-£12k in 5 years.

Dealers must be laughing at the stupidity of some people.

I assume if you had your way we'd all be driving around in Dacias. As those are the cheapest cars, they make far more sense.

Glad you aren't in charge of the country, 'comrade'.

Ha..
Point is I get a new car... With all the after care... And I have bought 2nd had about 7 times and each time wish I hadn't... It's about personal experience and what you can afford surely... Bit harsh to call me stupid but thank you...
Secondly...
I assume you are talking about the old shape model?! And if so you are talking about two completely different cars...
C200 coupe - Diesiel on pcp in London!? - TheBroker
Pcp can bra suitable option for those wanting a new car with warranty and minimal risk of hassle. Also I've often supplied a new vehicle for less than a used one as we get up to 40% discount on some models.
Yes dealers doing well but as customers get smarter we brokers are picking up this business as we are independent and can offer all manner of finance not just what the dealer has available.