Ford Focus diesel turbo - Ford focus - What have they done to my turbo? - dazzammm

Hi,

ive got a problem with my for focus TDI which im certain has been caused by mechanic.

i broke down and the rac guy removed the tubo cooler cover and something underneath to get to the alternator.

Another garage then replaced the alternator.

since then the performance has been terrible and ive had warning message regarding turbo performance.

I took it back to the garage - they had a look, couldnt find anything wrong or anything they had caused and suggested the turbo has gone BUT it was fine after they had a look at it.

this lasted about 3 weeks and its terrible again.

what could they have possibley done to my turbo or is it just coincidence that the problems started the moment i picked the car up after the repair?

Ford Focus diesel turbo - Ford focus - What have they done to my turbo? - Railroad.
Turbo problems aren't exactly unknown on these due to lubrication failure. When was the car last serviced, and what type/grade oil do you use?
Ford Focus diesel turbo - Ford focus - What have they done to my turbo? - Mr.G

if its an electronically controlled turbo actuator (some are and some are vaccum activated) i have came across a few mondeo turbo diesels which are faulty, and they are tempremental and intermittantly problematic,, symptoms are no boost and curly orange heater plug light on dash.. sad news is they are around £500 . sometimes it happens and sometimes its fine,.. if it is that then chances are its just coincedence and sheer bad luck.. what was your original fault?.. what did the AA check and diagnose.. did they get u back on the road or tow u to garage?

Ford Focus diesel turbo - Ford focus - What have they done to my turbo? - elekie&a/c doctor

A Focus tdi will be a 1.8 lynx engine where the turbo is at the rear of the engine and the alternator is at the front.When replacing the alternator on these,you need to remove the intercooler and some pipeworkPerhaps it has not been refitted correctly and there is an air leak?

Ford Focus diesel turbo - Ford focus - What have they done to my turbo? - dazzammm

oil - i use the grade recomended by the books at halfords and use halfords own

service - a year ago

not fitted properly - thats what i thoug but they said they couldnt find anything wrong BUT it was fine for a few weeks after they checked it.

im off to get a diagnostic check next week - i want a second opinion before scrapping / replacing turbo as im certain its something the garage has done