Daimler - partial V5 and long time since Road Tax paid - MarioP77

Hello,

i am in need of some help/advice. i have been offered and i am seriously thinking of buying a superbly kept Daimler, but the issue is that the actual owner/keeper's name it is not on the V5(old style one).

I checked the car for outstanding debts, beeing stolen and such and it comes out that is clear of any trouble, scrapping, exporting, financing issues and that the last V5 issued for the car is the one i am actually holding in 1988.

Now the part that of the V5 i have been given, still has the area whinch i can fill in as the new keeper and return to DVLA to notify them(section 1), but what worries me is the fact that when i checked the plates with DVLA they say that no Road Tax has been paid for the car since...1993!!!

Will that be a problem for me to register and tax the car now that i have bought it?

Cheers.

Daimler - partial V5 and long time since Road Tax paid - madf

What you want to establish is OWNERSHIP of the car and the right to sell it.

You need to get the vedor to give you an indemnity saying they are teh owners of teh car and have the right to sell it. And a clause saying they indemnify you against any cleiams otehrwise.

Signed and witnessed and dated..

If the vendor will not do that, wlak away.. If they are genuine, they bear no risk doing so...

Daimler - partial V5 and long time since Road Tax paid - martint123

SORN didn't come into force until Jan 1998 (I think) so there is no problem in that respect provided the car really has been off the road since 1993.

Thank you for your prompt replies.

Actually what i skipped mentioning(quite important) is that the car is located actually in Spain!

So i guess that is proof eneugh that the car was not on the road in UK.

The current owner is actually willing to sign a notary approved selling contract for the car!

Needless to say that what gets me really going in this weird acquisition is the time warp state that the car is today! only two previous owners and 84.000 miles on the clock. Beeing used for the last 23 years only for advertising and film shootings.

Daimler - partial V5 and long time since Road Tax paid - bathtub tom

Run, run, run.

It's in Spain, so you can't even see it!

You're asking questions here, so your nose is twitching - run!

Daimler - partial V5 and long time since Road Tax paid - galileo

Needless to say that what gets me really going in this weird acquisition is the time warp state that the car is today! only two previous owners and 84.000 miles on the clock. Beeing used for the last 23 years only for advertising and film shootings.

Allegedly!

i am in Spain now for a long holliday. i was just trying to get your ideeas if it will be troublesome to get the paperwork fixed. the car, i have seen it and tried it and it checks out without problems...