SAAB 9-3 - Have V5C/2 but can't tax vehicle - hats_uk

I'm trying to tax my new car online. The DVLA service cann't find details of my car so I'm unable to tax it.

I'm getting information about the 12 digit Doc Ref No is perhaps not the most recent log book number. The garage who sold me the car are reputible so I have no doubts there.

DVLA infomred me there is a long gap between when the vehicle was last taxed and today (when I'm trying ot tax it!)

Do I need to order a new V5C or can I wait until the dealer has posted the old log book off?

Why is my vehicle not recognised by DVLA?

SAAB 9-3 - Have V5C/2 but can't tax vehicle - oldroverboy.

The garage could have done the change of ownership online. I just bought a car and that is what they did for me and taxed it for me ready on the 1st feb.

Have you phoned DVLA, they can advise best.

SAAB 9-3 - Have V5C/2 but can't tax vehicle - Bromptonaut

I bought a used Skoda Roomster lat year, taking delivery on 01/12/2015. Dealer taxed it on line while I watched and input my bank details.

IIRC though there are plenty previous reports of problems similar to those of OP. Is the issue dealers jumping the gun and sending the rest of V5 to DVLA too soon? Or is there a block on vehicles that have been too long anonymously 'in the trade'?

SAAB 9-3 - Have V5C/2 but can't tax vehicle - skidpan

To tax the a car online that you have just bought the ref number off the front of the V5C is useless. You need the ref number from section 10 of the V5C (new keepers details). Done it twice in the past 18 months using that number with no problems.

SAAB 9-3 - Have V5C/2 but can't tax vehicle - pd

Sometimes, like all wonderful IT things, for one reason or another it doesn't work.

Take the V5C/2 slip to a Post Office - they seem to be able to tax anything with any bit of any old V5 these days.