lexus gs450h, 2007 - Techstream diagnostics, for toyota/lexus, - carnut1980

hi all, i am trying to diagnose my ABS light staying on. I recently replaced the rear hub, but didn't touch or dislodge the sensor, and everything seems in order, visually.

I bought the following item off amazon, it has plenty of good reviews, yet i can't get it to connect to my lexus. I tried a friends toyota, and same thing!

I am using a laptop with windows 7. The USB connections are good, and the cable lights up when connected. Please help! I don't want to be ripped off by the s******

V8.30.023 MINI VCI for TOYOTA TIS Techstream Cable & Software

lexus gs450h, 2007 - Techstream diagnostics, for toyota/lexus, - twitcherman

The Mini-VCI/Techstream software is 32-bit, so won't run on (64-bit) Windows 7 as supplied.

Either get an old cheap laptop off eBay or similar, running XP which you use exclusively for this, and don't connect to your home network (recommended as many pirated versions of this software come with fellow-travellers), or look on Toyota forums for workarounds to get it to run on Win7 (involves downloading drivers etc).

lexus gs450h, 2007 - Techstream diagnostics, for toyota/lexus, - carnut1980

Now sorted. The driver within the software didn't work, i downloaded another off the web, 'version 2.0', sorted!