Peugeot 307 - Peugeot 307 won't start - Silverfox72
Hi all, my car headlights like to switch themselves on and think they must've been on after last used and the battery drained over the weekend. The battery was taken off, charged and put back on (not by me) but I don't think the safe procedure I've read about was followed due to not knowing about it. So now it won't start (previously sounded like it would but then just turned over) and the STOP and engine management lights have come on. Could the ecu have forgotten the key code stopping it from starting? Or could the ecu be damaged now? ( was only replaced two years ago) the key fob still works on the central locking if that's relevant.(I'm an absolute car novice) Looking for ideas what it could be as MOT expires tomorrow and has had over £1000 of work done in last two years so can't keep throwing money at it and weighing up whether it's worth keeping as I've paid out more than its value in repairs already. Thanks
Peugeot 307 - Peugeot 307 won't start - Peter.N.

It probably needs a BSI reset.

Open the drivers window, shut all the doors and open the bonnet, wait 3 minutes, disconnect the battery wait 30 seconds then reconnect. Reach in through the window and turn the lights on, then switch the ignition and check.

Peugeot 307 - Peugeot 307 won't start - Gibbo_Wirral

If car headlights are switching themselves on it sounds like the COMM2000 unit may need a repair. There's a very good chap called Greame in Bradford who advertises repairs on Ebay for under £30. His number should be on the listing and he'll happily answer technical queries for free.