Vauxhall Corsa C - Buying equipment online - AfridiA

Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum, so I thought I'd introduce myself before I get into my question. My name's Ammaar Afridi and I'm from birmingham!! I'm not really a car "expert" per se, however, I do have a decent amount of knowledge.

So...I came here today to ask if people are okay with ordering their equipment online? Right now, I'm currently planning on getting rid of the rust from my wheel arches. I don't have any equipment, so obviously I need to go out and get some. However, I'm quite busy and was wondering if it's a good idea to order the equipment online?

If you do order online, are there any specific websites you guys use? Any help appreciated :)

Thanks,

Ammaar

Vauxhall Corsa C - Buying equipment online - Avant

Can anybody help by recommending a product or products which they have used successfully, so that Ammaar could then buy it online?

We'd need to know how bad the rust is - are there holes in the bodywork or just bubbling? What sort of car is it?

Vauxhall Corsa C - Buying equipment online - RobJP

Thing is, is he talking tools for grinding back, sanders, etc. or is he talking about chemical fillers, paints, etc ?

For the first set, any DIY shop will sell basic tools that will do a job decently.

For the second set, a motor factors : be aware that most chemicals have UN numbers and, as such, a lot of courier companies charge a fortune in delivery, meaning a lot of these are not sold remotely (obviously the trade, buying in quantity, can get these products delivered as the cost is spread over a larger amount of product).

However, most of it is about the skill that the person is using. I know people who I wouldn't trust to use a touch-up pen, and I know people who could re-spray a car to near perfection with it just sitting in their garage at home.