Surprised by - Traffic around Leeds - oldroverboy.

Was up in Leeds monday to go to a funeral and see an old friend at the same time.

That is positively the most traffic I have seen outside of the M25 on a weekday afternoon. I was frequently in the wrong lane even with the satnav attempting to drive in utterly unfamiliar surroundings, but Guess what,

On junctions people stopped to let me out/move over in traffic and when I stopped at a service station in Pontefract on the way back the guy on the desk had watched me extricating myself slowly from the car and asked me if i needed assistance. I got 3 coffees from the machine inside and when it didn't dispense milk, simply got some out of the fridge and gave it to me.

Made a difficult day a bit nicer!

Surprised by - Traffic around Leeds - galileo

Glad to hear we locals treated you well, the traffic in West Yorkshire is heavy until you get outside built up areas. (M62 closed again today due to muti-vehicle bump, wonder how the accident rate compares with M25?)

When I visit friends in Suffolk its seems less congested, not been to Colchester or down the A12 for years, so can't comment on driver courtesy there.