Mercedes c180 - Rust warranty - Rickgold
I have just bought a merc c180 it's a beautiful car and drives like silk even after all these years. It was first registered in 2002 and it's starting to rust around the wheel arches but it's minimal. The garage owner who sold me it mentioned about a 30 year rust guarantee but I don't know much about it. Can anyone advise if this only applies to the original owner?

Many thanks
Mercedes c180 - Rust warranty - craig-pd130

I seem to remember that the MB rust warranty relies on the car having a full MB service history. It was put in place to reassure buyers that the corrosion problems MB cars were experiencing for a few years in the mid-90s (due to cost-cutting and new paints that were not sufficiently weatherproof) had been resolved.

If the car doesn't have a full Merc dealer history, you've no chance of being able to claim anything.

Mercedes c180 - Rust warranty - RobJP

As craig has said.

Full MB main agent service history, any bodywork repairs done at MB, and you've got a chance.

Otherwise, forget it.

Mercedes c180 - Rust warranty - 72 dudes

Yep, as Craig and Rob have said, plus the page in the service book relating to the annual bodywork inspection must have been filled in and signed at the same time each service was carried out.

Get some quotes from some local bodyshops for the work to be carried out and continue to enjoy the silkiness!