Renault Clio II - Airbag warnig light - peckythepirate

Every time a different person gets in the car and repositions the seat the airbag warning light appears on the dash, we have taken both seats out and rewired the plugs underneath but the light still keeps coming on, after about six starts the light goes out, the only problem is that this will happen as the mot tester gets in and moves seat so will be an instant failure, has anyone had this problem and found out how to sort it.

Thanks Burge

Renault Clio II - Airbag warnig light - elekie&a/c doctor

When you say rewired the plugs,do you mean cut the yellow/orange plugs off and solder the wires together direct?As this is the usual fix for these.It could be the connector where it plugs into the seat belt tensioner,at the base of the belt stalk.

Renault Clio II - Airbag warnig light - Robin the Technician

Hi, This may be the same problem that plagues Peugeots. If you cut the plugs off and re-solder the wires together (i.e. red to red - Colour is only used as an example) and your problem will most likely go away.

I did this on both my Peugeots and it fixed them!

Hope this helps

Robin the Technician - I fix, therefore I am

Renault Clio II - Airbag warnig light - peckythepirate

I mean the plugs that run under each seat, I removed the renault plugs and replaced with new terminals and durite plugs, this was some time ago, but the problem has come back, and although I have rechecked the plugs they seem ok, I think the problem may be elsewhere. but where I have no clue. the airbag light does not go out now, the service light is now also on!! They both go out on initial start up but come on again within a few seconds

Burge

Edited by peckythepirate on 02/01/2016 at 09:36