Solicitors By Default After Accident? - RaineMan

A few days ago I was involved in my first accident in over 20 years when someone drove into my stationary car. Last time (the same insurance company) had my car picked up and a courtesy car delivered with a few hours with the paperwork following on a few days later. This time they gave me an 0345 number to call. This took me through to Winn Solicitors who spent about half an hour taking down details and said they would e-mail me. My car is dented but drivable. I still have not heard anything and it all seems more onerous than last time. Is it a case of the modern day thinking that everything should be outsourced or?

Solicitors By Default After Accident? - RT

Sounds like you've been diverted to a Claims Management operation which may help you but a PITA as they're keen to optimise their own on-costs.

If you have the insurance details for the errant car driver, contact them directly - you may get better results.

Solicitors By Default After Accident? - RobJP

Yes, you've been put in touch with a claims management company. Also known by the more accurate description of 'leeches'.

Contact your insurance co. again, and ask them plain and bluntly if this is the case, and WHY they have done so, considering that CMCs are well-known for stretching out expenses, and this one has been lax in their communication already, and just seem to be racking up expenses.

Solicitors By Default After Accident? - Falkirk Bairn

>>If you have the insurance details for the errant car driver, contact them directly - you >>may get better results.

If the driver admits liability to his insurer THEY will be delighted to hire a car for you pick up the car and take it to your/their bodyshop of choice

Solicitors By Default After Accident? - nortones2

Similar thing happened when our Jazz was hit by a drunk. As we had another vehicle we turned down the "claims management" siren song of a hire car. They were a bit miffed. Can't imagine why, especially when I was clear there was no-one in the car when it was rammed by young punk. (He was dobbed in by upstanding passers who knew him when he made his escape:)) I don't trust insurance companies, and am even less likely to trust 3rd party outfits that I have never heard of, and have no contractual hold over.

Solicitors By Default After Accident? - lordwoody

We had the same situation with Direct Line recently after we were involved in a no fault accident ( someone hit our stationery car), but to Direct Lines credit there was no pressure to use the claims management company and after some advice here we declined the offer and everything was sorted very quickly, including a free loan car.

Solicitors By Default After Accident? - gordonbennet

A few months ago someone hit daughter in law's car in child nursery car park, they owned up immediately, their insurance were quick off the mark and provided a proper same size rental car, collected the damaged car and returned/swapped back a few days later all fixed.

Not one leech saw a penny so good work all round, we should all do it like this as the third party insurers (if their clients tell the truth) fall over themselves to make things right.

Solicitors By Default After Accident? - Falkirk Bairn

2 yrs ago neighbour of my DiL did not look and clipped her wing at a road junction. 3rd party Insurer on th ball, within 3 hours hire car & damaged car uplifted. Repair & car returned within a week.

Another DiL had her bumpt clipped on Friday. Both drivers pulled into the side of the road....then the Gold Tiguan flooored it and was gone. DiL was not quick enough with the pencil or phone camera to catch the number. However, there are not that many Gold Tiguans on the regular school run / work commute. X5 bumper is dangling so it will not be cheap to fix!

Solicitors By Default After Accident? - RT

A few months ago someone hit daughter in law's car in child nursery car park, they owned up immediately, their insurance were quick off the mark and provided a proper same size rental car, collected the damaged car and returned/swapped back a few days later all fixed.

Not one leech saw a penny so good work all round, we should all do it like this as the third party insurers (if their clients tell the truth) fall over themselves to make things right.

Where the insurer can see that their driver is 100%, an increasing number do just that as it reduces their costs - they have the clout to get cars repaired quickly and the clout to hire cars at non-exorbitant rates for as short a period as possible.

Solicitors By Default After Accident? - RaineMan

No real progress so far. I will be out of action for a day or two (day patient) but will go direct to insurance company (who seem to want me to use these solicitors) if nothing seems to be happening. It just seems to be making something simple unduly complicated.