Ford Focus Airbag Warning Light Flashing - timp
My Ford Focus's airbag warning light has started flashing recently, and a beep is heard when the engine is started. Does anyone have any experience with this problem?

It has the Reflex Pack (driver, passenger and side airbags).

Thanks,
Tim
Update: The light flashes when I switch on the ignition and is continuously on when I start driving.
Ford Focus Airbag Warning Light Flashing - Dynamic Dave
As you've had no response from this post, I personally would pop along to your nearest Ford Dealer and get them to plug their electronic gismo into your car's computer.
Ford Focus Airbag Warning Light Flashing - dieseldog
Had this problem on my saxo,caused by dodgy connection under drivers seat.
Ford Focus Airbag Warning Light Flashing - Carole
Had this problem a million times on my Xsara. It was like Blackpool illuminations. I had every loom, harness and connector replaced just about. Sometimes it can be something in the steering column (can't remember what it's called) but it is usually the wiring under the seat. Just moving the seat forward can dislodge it. Pretty silly design, if you ask me, speaking as a 5'1" woman with a 6'2" husband and the need to swap cars from time to time!

Hope you get it fixed, it's damn annoying!
Ford Focus Airbag Warning Light Flashing - Bromptonaut
regular citroen problem then. Passenger seat on my Xantia, cured last time by stowing bottles of wine under the seat (but safety critical wiring really should not be so exposed).
Ford Focus Airbag Warning Light Flashing - dnastudios
Hi,

This happened to my \'97 Mondeo. When I asked my local Ford garage about it, the said that this sometimes happens when the contacts get dirty. They suggested disconnecting, cleaning and reconnecting the cable under the driver and/or passenger seats.

It worked for me.

David
Thanks for your replies. I have tried fiddling with the connectors a little to ensure that they were secure, but didn't go as far as disconnecting and reconnecting them.

I've booked the car into my local dealer on Wednesday, but I might have another look at the connectors again before then.

The warning light went out briefly when I was reversing, so I suspect a dodgy connection somewhere.
Took the Focus into CD Bramall Ford in Leicester today.

Their computer reported failure of the crash sensors in both sides of the car. It turned out that the airbag control module had developed a fault, and this was replaced under warranty.

Received excellent service from the dealer - kept me informed of their progress and resolved the problem in less than a day. They even had the required part in stock.