Peugeot Partner Tepee - What tyres? - tjbantam

LLooking for a little advice.

My Partner Tepee 1.6 e-Hdi has just had it's second service and the dealer (Pentagon) uses a traffic light system when checking the car.

Everything came back Green, meaning all is ok, except 3 tyres which were rated Amber as they are at 3mm tread depth, so ok for now, but will need changing at some point.

The current tyres (205/65 R15 94H) are Michelin Energy Savers, which i believe are rated C for fuel economy and B for wet grip.

Having looked around online, i see the Dunlop Sport Bluresponse and Hankook Kinergy K425 in my size are both rated B fro both fuel economy and wet grip.

Would i be better getting either of these as replacements for the Michelins or should i stay with what i already have?

I've checked tyre review sites and reviews are mixed, but they are mixed for the tyres i currently have and pretty much everything out there, so they're not much help whatsoever!

If anyone can help, i'd be very grateful.

Tim.

Peugeot Partner Tepee - What tyres? - gordonbennet

A quick look on this page shows 4 tyres i'd be more than happy to fit

www.tyreleader.co.uk/car-tyres-205-65-15/?p=2

Continental EcoContact 5, Nokian Line, Uniroyal Rain Expert 3, and a left field choice if you fancied winter rated all seasons, Vredestein Quatrac 5.

On the same site they are offering Goodyear EfficientGrip @ £62.89 and Vredstein Sportrac5 @ £47.89

I would be happy with any one of these European made tyres and i've bought from the site many times without a problem, direct from Germany usually there within three working days.

Edited by gordonbennet on 08/11/2015 at 16:30

Peugeot Partner Tepee - What tyres? - RobJP

I'd agree with GB.

On another note, 3mm is roughly where I change my tyres anyway. At (or very close to) the legal minimum you suffer huge loss of grip in wet conditions. It's worthwhile noting that 3mm is the minimum in a number of other countries.

Many thanks, gordonbennet.

One question i have though. The Continental and Goodyear tyres you mention seem to be only available with a 94V rating, whereas the tyres on my Partner are 94H. Is that a problem? Can you fit V rated tyres to a car that has H rated ones?

The Continental and Goodyear tyres you mention seem to be only available with a 94V rating, whereas the tyres on my Partner are 94H. Is that a problem? Can you fit V rated tyres to a car that has H rated ones?

No problem whatsoever, the V rating is simply a higher safe speed rating than H, same as you can go higher load rating if you wish, you're buying better specified than required, it's going the other way lower than required that might be an issue.

I should have said that in my earlier post.

No problem whatsoever, the V rating is simply a higher safe speed rating than H, same as you can go higher load rating if you wish, you're buying better specified than required, it's going the other way lower than required that might be an issue.

I should have said that in my earlier post.

And i presume that wouldn't create an issue with the one 94H tyre i'd be keeping on as the tread is still good?

And i presume that wouldn't create an issue with the one 94H tyre i'd be keeping on as the tread is still good?

In theory no, but i'm a funny old Hector when it comes to tyres and i like full sets or matching pairs at the very least, i'm not one for mixing makes or types on the same axle, and rotate my tyres so they wear out together.

So the spare, i presumed it was the unused spare you were going to use ( certainly wouldn't be running a part worn present tyre with three new unless a puncture forced it), if its slung underneath would be removed cleaned, pumped up to 40psi, wrapped in a sturdy black polythene bag and bolted back underneath after greasing the lowering screw well.

edit, ah i've reread your OP, no i wouldn't use the present tyre unless it's almost new eg still 7mm, even then i'd rather put it as spare and have good quality matching tyres, yes i know othe rpeople do and you see cars with not one tyre matching another and with all sorts of tread depth mismatches, just not for me thanks.

Edited by gordonbennet on 09/11/2015 at 09:02

In theory no, but i'm a funny old Hector when it comes to tyres and i like full sets or matching pairs at the very least, i'm not one for mixing makes or types on the same axle, and rotate my tyres so they wear out together.

So the spare, i presumed it was the unused spare you were going to use ( certainly wouldn't be running a part worn present tyre with three new unless a puncture forced it), if its slung underneath would be removed cleaned, pumped up to 40psi, wrapped in a sturdy black polythene bag and bolted back underneath after greasing the lowering screw well.

edit, ah i've reread your OP, no i wouldn't use the present tyre unless it's almost new eg still 7mm, even then i'd rather put it as spare and have good quality matching tyres, yes i know othe rpeople do and you see cars with not one tyre matching another and with all sorts of tread depth mismatches, just not for me thanks.

Great. You've been a huge help. Thanks!

Peugeot Partner Tepee - What tyres? - Cyd

I'm a huge Goodyear fan. I'v ejust had a pair of Efficientgrips fitted to the rear of my sons Polo and run F1s on my Saab Aero. They (EGs) are quiet and A rated for wet grip - they certainly seem to shift the water well.

Have had EcoContacts on a previous car too - also very good in the wet.

Peugeot Partner Tepee - What tyres? - Wackyracer

I replaced my Michelin energy tyres with Continental ecocontact's and found no difference in fuel consumption but, they seemed quieter.

Peugeot Partner Tepee - What tyres? - Chris M

Going back to GB's recommendation of Tyreleader, you won't find cheaper delivery only prices on t'net. You probably won't find worse customer service either if things go wrong. It doesn't take much googling to find scores of complaints.

I've used them 4 times. The first 3 orders were dispatched next day by Tyreleader and delivered a few days later. Pretty good considering they come from Germany or The Netherlands. The fourth though was quickly dispatched but then immediately lost by DPD.

Tyreleader are a German company and the only way to contact them is via their website. They are slow to respond and the response when you get it is of the "We're checking with our courier" and little else. After 3 weeks of getting nowhere, I cancelled the order (in writing as per their Terms and Conditions) and had to wait far too long for the refund to appear on my CC. Again, chasers via their website lead to responses of "It's with our accounts department". I won't be using them again.

Incidentally, my local Kwik Fit, after a bit of negotiation, supplied and fitted the same tyres for only £5 more than the Tyreleader plus fitting price.

Yes i've read their customer service isn't up to much if things go wrong, so far over 6 orders from me plus 2 from my son and umpteen from others on another forum i frequent, they've perforned well, so living in hope here it doesn't go pear shaped.

I tend to buy tyres several weeks or months before needed whether for my own or family use, so if there was a delay it wouldn't be a disaster, if i needed a set guaranteed in so many days i'd probably go local.

ChrisM, is quite right though to give your chosen indy a fighting chance to come somewhere near a fitted price, and this i used to do, until the friendly helpful manager of my handy place left and the new chap tried to make me buy patronisingly what he wanted me to have.

Last time I ordered tyres from Event tyres ( recommended by GB) but, the previous 2 times I bought tyres from Kwik-fit at a very reasonable cost. In fact they were cheaper than buying the same tyres online and getting them fitted.

I don't know why but, here in the UK people rarely seem to negotiate on prices and take the asking price as being the price.

Sorry Wackyracer, Event tyres never been recommeded by me (or was it him), never dealt with them and don't know anyone personally who has.

Is there an imposter about, yes its him, no its me..:)

Edited by gordonbennet on 09/11/2015 at 20:28

Sorry Wackyracer, Event tyres never been recommeded by me (or was it him), never dealt with them and don't know anyone personally who has.

Is there an imposter about, yes its him, no its me..:)

Sorry GB, I thought it had been you. Must have been someone else.

Peugeot Partner Tepee - What tyres? - RobJP

Quite possibly me. I'd used Event tyres for a full set on our Shogun.

Note : I mean the online supply/fitting company. NOT the tyre brand. They are completely different, as far as I'm aware

Quite possibly me. I'd used Event tyres for a full set on our Shogun.

Note : I mean the online supply/fitting company. NOT the tyre brand. They are completely different, as far as I'm aware.

It could well have been you. I can say that they were good on price and the fitting was great too.

Edited by Wackyracer on 10/11/2015 at 20:02

Thanks for all the replies.

Having checked reviews I'm now contemplating Michelin Cross Climates.

These only seem available in 99V rating, which i believe would be fine.

Anyone got these? They seem well recommended by press and reviews?