New Ford Fiesta 1000 Ecoboost - Gear lever vibration at around 2500revs - Besty

My new Fiesta 1000 Ecoboost has significant vibration felt through the gear lever when engine is passing through 2500 revs. Also when the "change up arrow" advises a gear shift at 2000revs the engine seems to labour from 1300 to 1800 revs in 2nd 3rd and 4th gear. Above 2000 revs it's fine with good acceleration.

Honest John advises that there are minor diferences between Ecoboost 100 and 125 with the 125 having an overboost and suggests using the high grade Shell V-Power Nitro Plus petrol so I will give that a go to see if there is an improvement.

Anyone else noticing this characteristic?

New Ford Fiesta 1000 Ecoboost - Gear lever vibration at around 2500revs - Andrew-T

My new Fiesta 1000 Ecoboost has significant vibration felt through the gear lever when engine is passing through 2500 revs.

Does this happen (with the car stationary) as you rev the engine?

New Ford Fiesta 1000 Ecoboost - Gear lever vibration at around 2500revs - Besty
This vibration is evident when driving
New Ford Fiesta 1000 Ecoboost - Gear lever vibration at around 2500revs - Bromptonaut

Also when the "change up arrow" advises a gear shift at 2000revs the engine seems to labour from 1300 to 1800 revs in 2nd 3rd and 4th gear.

Thos change up 'nag lights' are the devils work!! Ignore them and use revs you feel comfortable with.

I wouldn't change up in my diesel car at 2000 revs and although these new petrol turbos seem to have low down torque I'd still expect them to need more that 3000 revs before changing up.

New Ford Fiesta 1000 Ecoboost - Gear lever vibration at around 2500revs - Andrew-T

I wouldn't change up in my diesel car at 2000 revs and although these new petrol turbos seem to have low down torque I'd still expect them to need more that 3000 revs before changing up.

I'm not familiar with modern petrol engines, but as a general rule it's best to run an engine somewhere near the torque peak on its rev. curve. For a diesel this is somewhere about 1800-2000 rpm, but for a petrol it's a good bit higher. In 'the old days' it wasn't a good idea to ask a petrol engine to pull at low revs, but that has changed with electronics. My personal opinion is that it still isn't such a good idea - so you need to trace the source of the vibration.