Alfa Romeo Giulietta - Dangerous pothole has damaged my wheel - guygamps

Watford yesterday, hit a pothole on approach to a roundabout, pothole is in middle of road, I was on outside lane and the wheel that hit was nearside front. Damage to alloy wheel is quite a chunk.

How do I go about proving the damage was caused by the pothole - there is other damage on the wheel but I inspect them regularly - and yesterdays "hit" was a bad one and I am 100% sure the new damage I see today is the result.

Is there a route for claiming damage?

Thanks

Alfa Romeo Giulietta - Dangerous pothole has damaged my wheel - bathtub tom

If the council can prove the road's been regularly inspected, then you probably haven't a chance.

I suggest you check the various pothole reporting websites to see if it's been previously reported. If it has and the council haven't fixed it reasonably swiftly, then you may have a good chance. I use www.fixmystreet.com/ There's also www.potholes.co.uk/

I expect you reported it immediately to prevent others suffering damage? How else would you expect the council to be aware of it?

Alfa Romeo Giulietta - Dangerous pothole has damaged my wheel - guygamps

On "fixmystreet" it is reported as "very bad road surface" in the pot holes category 1st June 2015, but it is NOT reported on potholes.co.uk.

I have added my reports to others on fixmystreet, the other reports are very accurately describing also as I saw it, really very very bad indeed and dangerous.