Ford Ka - Timing Belt - Drivethru

Does anyone know the when the timing belt should be changed on the Ford Ka 61 plate please? I can't find it in the book, and different people have told me different things, either 5 or 10 years, the miles wouldn't come into it because I only do about 3000 a year. Thanks.

Ford Ka - Timing Belt - skidpan

different people have told me different things,

Is that people who work for Ford or people you just happen to know.

In my experience it will be in the handbook or service book, it has been for every Ford I have owned.

If you ring your dealer with your reg or VIN he should instantly be able to tell you, if not he should be sacked.

But remember that this is a Fiat engine which means that intervals may be different to the petrols Ford use in the Fiesta etc.

Ford Ka - Timing Belt - steelghost

No way I'd want any timing belt hanging around for 10 years, regardless of mileage.

Edited by steelghost on 23/09/2015 at 12:40

Ford Ka - Timing Belt - skidpan

No way I'd want any timing belt hanging around for 10 years, regardless of mileage.

Changed one on a 2004 2 litre Focus 2 winters ago. Just coming up 10 years old but low mileage and it still looked new with no signs of degredation. But the bearing in the idler pulley did have some play. Tensioner pulley appeared fine. All parts changed as a matter of course, easy when its in bits.

Ford Ka - Timing Belt - elekie&a/c doctor

It has the same engine as found in the Fiat 500.This may help;www.mytimingbelt.com/Results.aspx?ModelId=280

Ford Ka - Timing Belt - mfarrow
If you put your details onto the Ford etis website you get a service schedule detailing 5 years for the 1.2 petrol.
Ford Ka - Timing Belt - Drivethru

Thanks, it is five years.