Ford Focus Estate 1.8tdci 2004 mk1 - Ford focus battery light on - johno665

Hi i replaced my alternator because it wasn't charging my battery and i broke down. Well new one fitted charging now at 13.8v and does go up when i rev, the battery is ok tested at 12.5v with engine off and holds it is the calcium type aswell.

problem is my battery light still comes on, i took advice and unplugged battery for couple of minutes and reconnected, had nothing turned on for 15 minutes then started car again, the light came on again. confused it takes around 30 seconds for the light to come on every time i am not sure of the problem.

i have disconnected the plug on the alternator, voltage stayed the same 13.8v, when i take out fuse 10 though the charging rate goes upto to 14.2v or there abouts, what does it mean? i don't want to break down again that wasn't fun on a busy round about. i haven't replaced the drive belt but it looks ok and at the right tension. could it be a damaged wire on the temp sensor? i have read that somewhere before.

just want this problem sorted so any advice would be appreciated.

Ford Focus Estate 1.8tdci 2004 mk1 - Ford focus battery light on - elekie&a/c doctor
On the Ford smart charge system it is important that the wiring is in good order,otherwise the alternator will not work correctly.Check the 3 pin connector to make sure the pins are not damaged or corroded.Also it is vital that there is a battery supply voltage to the thin red/orange wire in this plug.There is no temp sensor on the alternator.

I will have a look at the connector tomorrow and hopefully thats it. The temp sensor i read somewhere bout it, knowing it wasn't to do with alternator i wasn't sure if it had anything to do with the smart charge system.

Hopefully all is well tomoz i will reply bk regardless with outcome.

Thnx

well i have looked at the connector and because i had a new one i replaced it anyways and had 500mm of acable to it so repalced bk as far as i could.

it has made no difference, and to top it off today my car wouldn't start either no power so looks like there is some sort of power drain and looks like i am mainly running on the battery power until it runs out anyways.

what could be causing this power drain? i have just replaced my coolant expansion tank because it was leaking. could the starter solenoid be draining power? not sure i have found this on another thread somewhere.

help please