Audi A3 Sportback - Black smoke on acceleration - mak

Audi A3 8PA 1.9tdi BKC 2005my mileage 88K

Me again, seem to be having one problem after another. Just went for a short run to warm car up from cold for its MOT. During this run noticed black smoke in rear view mirror when accelerating hard after car was at operating temperature. Garage says no faults showing on diagnostic test. No way is it going to pass the MOT like this, was OK before this, and I have also noticed the smell of fumes from air vents which is worrying. Is there anything I can check before handing back to garage, keen to avoid another expensive bill. Coolant temperature guage showing 90 as always.

Many thanks

Audi A3 Sportback - Black smoke on acceleration - mak

I should have added that the ABS brake control module (1K0907379K) has just been changed and the car has hardly been driven since then as waiting for MOT test. Is the engine management system ECU incorporated within this brake control module? May just need a good drive to 'relearn' driving settings although the garage did not warn of this. The car is not showing any warning lights and it does not have a DPF.

Many thanks

Audi A3 Sportback - Black smoke on acceleration - elekie&a/c doctor

Engine control module is seperate from Abs/esp control.May need a good run with a tin of this in the tank;www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/parts-and-accessories/20.../

Audi A3 Sportback - Black smoke on acceleration - slkfanboy

Black smoke is to much fuel. Common programs are erg values or maf failure.

First move is to clean the erg and around as these get clogged with oil.