Ford Fiesta - MOT test on Ford Fiesta Finesse 2004 - Rayudu

I took my car for MOT test today, i have asked him to do pre-test before the actual test. He come up with below problems

- Rear exhaust needs to be replaced (Last year Advisory is "Exhaust back box has slight leak of gases & Rear exhaust clamp broken")

- Front and Rear brake pipes needs to replaced

- Few lights need to change ( Last year Adviosry is "Offside&Nearside Front Direction indicator slightly discoloured")

- MOT test £50

He gave me a quote of £240 ( including VAT), he did not mentioned the seperate quotes for the above jobs, is it reasonable?

Few days back when i took the car for free echaust inspection to kwik-fit, they gave me a quote of £225 ( including VAT and Labour costs) for below problems

- middle pipe need to be replaced ( £110)

- Rear exhaust needs to replaced ( £115)

Ford Fiesta - MOT test on Ford Fiesta Finesse 2004 - skidpan

is it reasonable?

How can we decide that. We would need to see the car before and decide if the items are actually necessary.

How about taking it to another 2 garages, asking them to carry out a pre MOT and getting quotes for the work.

Ford Fiesta - MOT test on Ford Fiesta Finesse 2004 - elekie&a/c doctor

£225 to replace centre and rear exhaust system sounds like a kwik-con to me.Take it to a local indy repair shop.

Ford Fiesta - MOT test on Ford Fiesta Finesse 2004 - Rayudu

Last week my car passsed the MOT after replacing the exhuast and brake pipes, but when i checked the MOT history from the below website

motinfo.direct.gov.uk/internet/jsp/ECHID-Internet-...p

it is still showing old expiry date ( 01/08/2015).

I can see new MOT expiry ( 01/08/2016) below website

www.vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/

Anybody knows what's the difference between the above websites? When i check with MOT test centre, he said they are making changes to MOT procedure and it will take some time to reflect in the records. Is that true?