330ci - Doubt about warranty AA - e46 - lover

Hi guys,

A month ago i bought a 330ci (2004) with 6 months gold cover included.

The other day, DSC lights and breaks went on in yellow. I called my AA warranty, they booked me in at a garage in north london for the next day 9am. So far so good.

Diagnosis shouted ABS pump was saying good bye - £2,000 worth of parts and labour.

The guy in the garage told me he was getting the repair authorised. I was scared as my warranty certificate says "single claim limit £1,000" so basically i was expecting 1k coming my way.

Same day afternoon, the garage call me saying they have authroised the repair and would not cost me a penny. They were ordering the part (ABS pump) and booking me in for 2 days time early morning matching the part ETA to the garage

Tomorrow is when i have to get the car back into the garage for the repair.

My warranty has not called me back still. I have told so to the guy of the garage and he got prestige car warranty to call me and saying the same thing: not a penny for me. However, i still have not got the call from my warranty (AA). What do you think is this about?

330ci - Doubt about warranty AA - Falkirk Bairn

First Stop - You should have gone to the dealer who sold you the car.

The warranty cover is in addition to the SOGA rights you have (6 months) - you have only had the car 4/5 weeks..

Failure of the dealer or the insurer warranty to pay the repairs you can hand the car back and demand your money back in full (less a mileage charge) from the supplying dealer

Thanks for your answer Falkirk Bairn

So does that mean that the warranty have to cover the entire cost?

330ci - Doubt about warranty AA - skidpan

By not going to the seller to get the car sorted you have probably lost any chance of getting any monies via the SOGA if the warranty company decide not the pay the full amount.

You must always give the seller an opportunity to sort out any issues before resorting to a 3rd party but if the seller themselves refer you to a 3rd party at thier expense that is genrally acceptable.

Would you take a faulty can of beans back to Asda that you bought at Tesco.

I understand that, I should have taken it to the seller. However, the first week in which they fixed a faulty parking sensor, they told me to go the warranty next time. Do not have this in written though.

In any case, my question still stands: the garage insist they have the repair authroised, my question is: Should I wait for a call from my warranty or can i just follow what the garage is saying?

That's what i think but it seems strange that the warranty company does not call back to confirm what's going on and even more strange if the cost goes over the limit. After all, my service provider is the warranty, not the garage

Edited by e46 - lover on 07/07/2015 at 17:26

After all, my service provider is the warranty, not the garage

But your sales contract is with the seller of the product i.e. the garage who sold you the car/warranty. If you have problems its the garage you would have to take to court since its them who you paid.

330ci - Doubt about warranty AA - Falkirk Bairn

Garage supplied the car.

Garage supplied the 3rd party warranty.

If warranty cover it fine.

If warranty does not cover it & the garage does not fix it

then the garage has been guilty of supplying a service that does not

cover the problems then the garage are still liable as "the warranty cover" was not fit for purpose! I.e excellent case to ask for your money back - faulty car and faulty warranty!!!

Well it is not exactly lilke that

- Dealership sells the car with AA warranty

- I call AA warranty which book me in at one of the garages

- I got to the garage i am told to go and the guys there tell me they have got the repair authorised

- AA warranty hasnt called me to report

Quesiton is, should they? or my relationship is with the garage?

330ci - Doubt about warranty AA - scot22

It has been pointed out that your main relationship is with the dealer who sold you the car.

If the garage do the repairs on your car then you are liable for the cost. You instructed them to do the job.

I would want it in writing before the work how the bill is going to be paid.

You would be creating a direct relationship with the garage with the associated responsibility.

Let me try to put this back on track as I cannot see that the situation has been understood well.

1) I buy a car in a dealership

2) I get lights DSC and breaks on

3) I call the warranty (AA warranty) and they book me in at a garage they work with. This garage has not relationship at all with the dealershp i bought the car from

4) I bring the car in and the garage diagnose it. The diagnosis had been authorised by the warranty previously. While diagnosis goes on, I get text messages with diagnosis report from Prestidge car warranty but i dont get a text with the final report

5) Same day, the garage call me and say they have got the repair authorised and that it would not cost me a penny. The book me in for a couple of days later once they receive the part

6) The day before i have to bring the car back in, the garage call me to confirm the appointment. I say that i am doubtful about the process as the warranty has not called me to say what's going on. They garage then ask the wwarranty to call me to say the same thing (not a penny for you). But again, it is prestidge warranty calling me, not AA warranty

7) Car is being fixed as I type.

Edited by e46 - lover on 08/07/2015 at 14:25

So do you have an AA warranty or a Prestige warranty (Part of Warranty Direct I think).

Very different and totally unconnected as far as I am aware.

I have an AA warranty certificate.

According to the guy in the garage, Prestidge car warranty are the administrators of AA warranty. I have no clue in all honesty

Edited by e46 - lover on 08/07/2015 at 15:46

The AA administer AA warranties.

You are being told a pack of lies.

330ci - Doubt about warranty AA - Manatee

But why?

it all looks like i am getting the car fixed for free. So it's a good service really. Why to lie

But why?

Why indeed.

Its all very strange.

Has the OP actually checked that the telphone number on the "AA certificate" is actually the AA. Fake certificates are sometimes issued. Find the AA number on the interweb and ring that.

But providing the OP gets the work done FOC or pays only the money above the claim limit then does it matter. Probably does in truth.

As I said, "its all very strange".

Will let you know shortly :)

Update: Car picked up from the garage fixed and with no cost for me. Brilliant service

330ci - Doubt about warranty AA - scot22

Delighted for your good fortune. I am amazed that you have been treated so well, even better than the contract. Usually impossible/difficult to get entitlement Thanks for letting us know.

330ci - Doubt about warranty AA - alan1302

Glad it all went well for Op. No idea why people had so many doubts about it all though.