BMW E91 330d - BMW E91 NON C.A fob not working. Diversity antenna - carnut1980

My 55 plate 330d touring, E91, has NON comfort access key fobs. Neither unlock/lock doors, but both start the engine. I have replaced the battery in one of them, not easy as they are not meant to be replaced as they should charge while in ignition. It is now emitting a good signal when i checked with my key transmitter. However still nothing!

I believe the problem is with the diversity antenna/amplifier, which is located under the boot spolier, which can apparently get wet and fail.

Upon inspecting it, the ribbon which plugs into the lower left, is partialyl severed. It was a wide and a narrow metal track within it. The wider one trails up and to the right, at the top of bootlid, it looks fine.

But the narrow track, which trails left, has split. Could this be the problem. I don't know where it goes to. The part number written on the ribbon is:

6520693305-03, or 1081 610 7 -05

I can't find this part anywhere. Can anyone help?

I have taken pics but don't know how to upload them on here

BMW E91 330d - BMW E91 NON C.A fob not working. Diversity antenna - old-school-tech

Silly question...but have you actually tried BMW...If they can't get the part then it either doesn't exist or .....actually I can't think of an "or".

Perhaps look at the components that this cable is connected to, Its possible that the part number for the cable itself is not a BMW regognised number because they supply it together with the antenna etc..

No i haven't tried BMW, as i don't want to remortgage my house. Sellers on ebay have the module, but it may just be the broken ribbon that i need to replace. Perhaps you meant the ribbon can be bought from BMW?

BMW E91 330d - BMW E91 NON C.A fob not working. Diversity antenna - elekie&a/c doctor

This any help?www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=VU92-EUR-04-...2

Also check wiring from body/roof to the tailgate.

I have seen that diagram. The diversity module has 2 connections at the bottom. The one shown in that pic, goes down into the window. On mine, the cable is good. What is not shown in that diagram is the other cable, which plugs in at the bottom, but trails up, to the top of bootlid. It has the two tracks, one goes right, the other left. The left hand one is severed, but i can't tell where it goes, nor its purpose

The PN for the ribbon in question is: 65206933325

It is partially severed. What is its purpose?

emote locking now sorted. It wasn't the amp, it was a broken wire in the black rubber loom by the bootlid hinge! soldered back together, now all is fine!

BMW E91 330d - BMW E91 NON C.A fob not working. Diversity antenna - elekie&a/c doctor

Well there's a surprise!!As this is a touring,the problem could be water in the receiver unit ,under the gate spoiler ,or broken wiring from the tailgate to the body.(very common)23/6/15.